4

he's not sure how many times he had stared at the celling this day.

he's sprawled out on his bed, inspecting the golden details in his celling. his mind is going crazy. He tries to calm himself by taking deep breathes but Everytime he remembers that sentence, his breath hitches again.

You and Kendall at have 3 months before your marriage.

He feels like he could throw up at any moment. the world is spinning. He needs some fresh air. He hastily stands up from his bed and fixes his suit before walking downstairs, smiling politely at the elderly maids. When he finally arrived at the same spot as yesterday, he inhales.

he knows he's being ungrateful, but he wishes he wasn't always in an uncomfortable suit and a tie. He wishes he could be able to go for a nice walk without people cowering away from him. He wishes he could be able to talk to someone and figure out whether they like him or are pretending to.

that's when his thoughts were interrupted.

"Well looks like I have to share my favorite spot with someone now" the same raspy high pitched voice speaks from behind. Harry turns around and smiles slightly.

"Louis Tomlinson" he greets, testing how the name rolls off his tongue. Louis smiles "harry styles."

"what are you doing here, don't you have work to do?" Harry asks. He isn't trying to be mean, he's curious.

and despite Harry's unkind tone, Louis smiles warmly at him.

"I'm taking a break, I'll have to go back in 10 minutes or so. Saw you standing alone and decided to say hi" Louis explains and harry nods.

he isn't sure what Louis wants from him. It's unusual for anyone to reach out for harry, the prince, for a casual chat. he's a little worried.

harry looks at Louis. He looks at how this smile never fades from his face, how his eyes glisten with the light of a thousand stars. How he seems to be enjoying himself. He wants to be Louis.

upon seeing Harry's frown and glares at him, Louis straightens his posture and clears his throat. "I'll leave" he goes to walk away , nervous that he was already on Harry's bad side. Harry snaps out of his daze "wait no! Come spend your break with me"

Louis turns around a smiles brightly, harry thinks of him as the sun.

"thank you, it's nice to have company"  Louis sits on the floor next to harry and crosses his legs.

"so what do you do" harry casually asks as he stares at Louis. It's not that hard to tell, judging by his maid suit.

"I cook and clean. just maid stuff" Louis shrugs then turns to harry. "What do you like to do?"

harry gulps. "I don't know, I don't really do anything-"

"doesn't really matter, what do you like to do ?" Louis repeats and harry cracks a smile.

"well, I love to play guitar and write, and sing" harry admits and louis' face lights up like Christmas lights.

"I want to hear you sing" Louis whines and harry laughs out, furiously nodding his head.

"absolutely not!" He laughs out and Louis pouts. Their moment was cut short with a male's voice, yelling.

"Louis William! Where the hell are you. I swear to God I won't hesitate to b-" they both turn around quickly, and for the first time , louis' smile fade away.

the man immediately stops when he sees harry standing and ducks his head in respect.

"good morning sir. I was just searching for Louis" he softly speaks and harry nods. He looks towards Louis, silently asking if he should let him go and Louis nods.

"I'm gonna follow you to the kitchen, you go" Louis orders the man and the man nods and begins his walk back to the castle.

Louis sighs and goes to walks away but stops and turns to face harry again. "Thank you for spending some time with me" he smiles warmly at harry and harry nods.

and like that, harry has a new friend.