Ω 48 Ω

"mark!" donghyuck exclaimed as he knelt on the quay of the seine, when jisung had placed mark's body after healing him thanks to his powers. "mark, can you hear me?!"

the other demigods stayed a few steps behind, leaving donghyuck to deal with mark. they all had their eyes on the pair, relieved by the fact it was finally the end. they had defeated the titans, and they were all alive.

mark coughed loudly as he sat up on the concrete, donghyuck standing beside him if anything happened.

"mark!" he repeated, his heart beating fast inside his chest. he had almost lost the man of his life...

"h-hyuck..." mark mumbled, looking weakly at the boy he loves.

"oh my god, mark!" donghyuck started crying again as he engulfed mark in a hug, hades' son hugging back immediately.

"d-donghyuck..." he sighed, breathing in the golden boy's sweet scent.

"i thought i had lost you... you almost died on me..." donghyuck continued crying as he held tight onto mark's body.

"i couldn't die, baby..."

"you were dying! of course you could have died!" donghyuck retorted, trying to erase the images of mark's lifeless body from his mind.

"no, i mean... i couldn't die, because i made a promise to you, and i don't want to break it..." mark explained, making donghyuck's chest double with butterflies.

"y-you..."

"i love you donghyuck. and as i promised, i'll love you and take care of you forever..." mark stated, looking deep into donghyuck's eyes before cupping the beautiful boy's cheeks and placing his lips over donghyuck's.

donghyuck melted into mark's embrace, letting himself drown into his own feelings as he responded to mark's kiss, moving his lips sensually against mark's. mark's eyes closed as he allowed his tongue to caress donghyuck's bottom lip before slipping it into his mouth and making their hearts burst inside their chests.

they were madly in love, they both knew it, and the others could see it.

they had almost been separated forever. and as much as the other boys didn't want to trust mark, they couldn't deny that he made donghyuck happy, and that he was the boy's reason to live.

"i love you..." donghyuck whispered against mark's lips when the two boys parted.

"i love you too..." mark answered, keeping their faces close.

the two lovers were in they own world, as if everything around them didn't exist anymore.

it was only the two of them, and the strong love bond that united them.

a few steps away, their friends were staring at them, their heads full of unanswered questions and troubles.

they knew things would become better now that they had won.

but how could they be sure they would?

"do you trust mark?" jeno asked, keeping his voice low so that neither donghyuck nor mark could hear.

"not fully." "no." jisung and jaemin answered at the same time, their eyes glued on the boy that had betrayed them.

"it's complicated." chenle shrugged. "do you?"

"i don't know." jeno replied honestly.

"how can you be doubting?" jaemin asked, placing his hand into jeno's. "he betrayed us."