Chapter 34: A conversation with Whitehall

This past week, Natasha had been very busy interrogating Whitehall. He was very stubborn and has not spoken a single word yet.

She made her way to his cell and stood in front of the glass. Whitehall had gotten much skinnier since the day he got here. Let's just say nobody at the compound was a fan of this guy.

"It is of no use to keep coming back here, agent." Whitehall spoke. Natasha shook her head and took a step closer.

"I will find a way for you to give me what I want through whatever means necessary." She spoke in an early calm tone. Whitehall smirked in response.

"You can try all you want, hell even torture me. I won't speak a word about Frost or her parents, even if she was my dearest soldier."

"We know that you know what happened to her parents. Why won't you use your last ounce of honour and share what you know?"

"I will never help the Avengers" he spat. "I do not care about her parents or you. My only care was to make her my perfect weapon."

"So you'd help her?" She asked, noticing a way to get to him.

"Only if I get something in return." He said with a smug look on his face.

"And what would that be?"

"I want you to delete my Hydra file and make me a free man."

The redhead shook her head. "That's never going to happen."

"Then I wish you good luck finding the answer to Mara's question. I will not help you unless you meet my demands. And I can tell you those answers I have may prove very useful." He responded.

He clearly thought he was in charge here. It was difficult for Natasha, because she wanted to get answers for Mara, but did not want to help this idiot.

"Alright then, I guess that's it. Since talking doesn't work, we'll just resort to other means.

And with that, Natasha walked back to her room. She was frustrated to say the least. After weeks they still came up empty.

After laying on her bed for a while just thinking, she decided to call the one man who may be smart enough to find another way to get answers.

"Well Romanoff, I did not expect a call from you. Do you miss me that much?"

"Zip it Stark. I need your help."

"And what do you need help with?"

"I need you to access deeply hidden Hydra files. I want to know about Mara's parents."

"Okay. But this will mean she owes me once again in the future. Make sure to tell her that."

"Thanks, Stark" and with that Natasha hung up the phone.