Chapter 23

A bright warm light hit your face which cause your eyes to slowly - reluctantly - peel open.

Your blinds had been left open.

Strange.

Aphmau has always closed them whenever you forgot.

Then again, things gave been...busy...recently. You turned to your dresser.

Squinting, you stared at the clock that read...11:57!?

"OH IRENE, I'M LATE!" You attempted to rush out of bed but fell on your face when getting tangled in the covers.

Luckily, you were able to recover quickly and scrambeld over to the dresser.

Aphmau didn't help you pick out an outfit the night before so it took a little longer to decide on something.

Eventually you were able to pick out a white crewneck under a short sleeved F/C sweatshirt. You put on white shorts underneith and black boots before grabbing anything you needed and scooping it into your backpack. That included some candy wrappers, Scrouchy, and a wrapped up half eaten sandwich.

Rocky might want it.

You swung your backpack onto your back and sloppily did your hair before rushing into the bathroom to brush your teeth.

You splashed your face with water and made your way downstairs with haste.

"Aphmau!...MOM! Why didn't you wake me up!?" You grumbled. Aphmau shot up from the couch with a snore and a rub of her tired eyes.

"Huh? Wh-What?" "I'm late! Really late!" "Oh--Crap...I-I'm sorry Y/n. It's just been a bit hectic around her lately."

"Yeah," You started while looking around the very messy living room, "I can see that. Anyways, can you drive me to school? I can still make it in time for our next lesson...I think..."

Your still working on your time...

"U-Uhm...Yeah, sur--" "Don't worry your pretty little head Aphmau," A similar voice spoke.

You turned your head, a bit shocked he was still here,

"Zu~Zu is here! I'll take you to school,
Y/n! Give your mother a rest."

"...Your still here?" Was all you could say, "Of course! I couldn't leave you two in such a state! I'm just doing what any good best friend would do."

You frowned.

Zanes intentions were very nice but for some reason it didn't sit right with you.

Aaron not being here anymore didn't sit right with you.

Aphmau had told you Aarom needed some space to clear his head of things since he's been acting weird to which you told her he wasn't the one acting the strange and that it was her - infact - who had been acting strange.

This lead to a mini argument that ended with you storming upstairs and missing Aaron.

She let's you call him sometimes but it's rare he has the time to answer.

The first call you two had made you cry because it felt like it had been years since the two of you last talk. It had only been at least 3 days. He asked you about your days at school, your friends, anything to make conversation.

You talked endlessly about it just to keep Aaron on the call with the conversation eventually lasting till 9:00pm at night.

In your haze of sleepiness you asked Aaron when he'd be coming home.