Love in a Chaotic World (Valtor)

Introduction:
Valtor gets help from a woman he seems to have a magical bond with. As they do favours for each other over the next few months, he falls in love with her. Is it one-sided love?

PS: This is a request from an anonymous on Tumblr.

Word count: 1.1k

Published: 11/16/2021
———————————————

TW: Chaos and mentions of death

Valtor always believed he didn't need anybody's help - well, perhaps a few minions to do the dirty work, but that's it.

He always wanted to prove himself to the Ancestresses. That he is powerful and not helpless. Because he isn't - Valtor is quite powerful, don't ever think otherwise.

However, as the days went by, destroying the Magical Dimension with the Ancestresses, Valtor realised something. It's like he was missing something - until the day he met Y/N.

It was a bad day for Valtor - everything just seemed to go wrong for him. His minions didn't do what he told them to do, he couldn't find the specific spell he was looking for, and when he finally found it, he got caught.

That's right, the great Valtor got caught - he was barely able to touch the item that carries the needed spell before two guards grabbed him and threw him in a cell.

He waited a while - surely, the Ancestresses would come and get him out of there, right? They can't destroy the Magical Dimension without him...

They never came. In fact, they didn't even care. Valtor was sure that he was going to rot in there.

Until someone came to his rescue.

A hooded figure opened the cell door with a simple wave of their hand as Valtor was freed. He raised an eyebrow at that - why did the stranger save him?

"You are free now - you should go before the guards return" the person said, sounding female.

As they were about to leave, Valtor quickly grabbed their wrist preventing them from leaving - only to feel some type of electricity. What in the Great Dragon's name just happened?

The other person seemed shocked as well. They then took off their hood, revealing the most beautiful woman Valtor had ever laid his eyes on.

"The spark - you felt it, too?" she questioned, looking surprised.

Valtor nodded at that. "I did. It must have been some sort of magical bond - like we are connected somehow" he said, looking deep in thought.

She hummed. "That makes sense. I came here as I felt a source pulling me towards this place. Perhaps that was you" she said, looking at him curiously.

"Is that so, huh? How about a deal? You see, I might need some... help with getting a spell. If you agree, then we can make a vow - you help me, I help you. Sounds fair, doesn't it?" he asked, giving a charming and irresistible smile.

The woman smirked. "Deal. If you ever feel that pull, then you'll know where to find me" she said as she turned around to leave.

"Wait! What's your name?" he asked, sighing in frustration as he believed she didn't hear him. She did.

"It's Y/N. No need to tell me yours. I know all about you, Valtor" she said, smiling for the first time since she took off her hood.

As she left, Valtor became thoughtful. Will he indeed ever see her again?

The answer to that question is yes. In fact, they have helped each other numerous times ever since.

Valtor won't admit it to anyone, but over time, he has started to enjoy the company of another person - Y/N.

They might only meet when one of them needs a favour, which can take weeks or months, but he enjoys every second of it.

He hasn't told the Ancestresses about her - it will be their little secret.

Besides, the old witches have actually praised his work lately. Which is something they usually never do. They don't need to know that he had help, right?

Several months later comes the day Valtor has waited for - the day they will attack Domino.

The Ancestresses will kill the princesses and steal the Dragon Flame from the oldest one.

As they do that, Valtor will destroy the King and Queen. He already has a plan in mind - trap Queen Marion so that King Oritel will try in vain to save his beloved wife. He will then trap both of them in Obsidian.

Valtor chuckles rather evilly to himself. Yes, that will work.

And it does indeed work - the Queen helplessly calls for her husband to save her. The idiot does so - well, tries so.

Once he has his back to Valtor, the wizard traps them both somewhere in Obsidian with a flick of his hand.

He gives an evil laugh. Great, the plan worked.

Now he just needs to wait for the Ancestresses to return with the Dragon Flame, and then the entire Magical Dimension will be theirs to rule!

Valtor unconsciously looks at his surroundings, taking a good look at the planet he once called home. He then sighs. The once beautiful planet is in ruins, but that's not the only reason he's sighing.

Them destroying Domino and taking over the Magical Dimension has one disadvantage - he won't have any more favours to ask Y/N, which means she won't ask favours of him.

Which means they will never see each other ever again.

After all this time, he realises something in this very moment - he has fallen for the woman who saved him all those months ago.

That's right - the cold, evil, bad Valtor has fallen in love.

He's sure that it's a one-sided love and that she wouldn't want to see him again once this is all over.

Or so he thinks.

He suddenly feels a tap on his shoulder. When he turns around, he's looking at the woman he loves.

"Congratulations, Valtor. It seems like you will win and gain control of the Magical Dimension" Y/N says, smiling at him.

Valtor doesn't know what's going on in his head, but he hugs her - quite tightly and possessively.

When he realises what he's doing, he immediately lets go of her.

"I apologise, I don't know what had gotten into me-" he says before the woman in front of him hugs him back just as tightly.

Valtor sighs in relief. "Don't ever leave me" he pleads, voicing cracking.

Y/N looks into his eyes, giving him a sincere smile. "Don't worry - I won't" she simply replies before she catches his lips with hers.

Valtor immediately kisses back, forgetting all about the Ancestresses, the Dragon Flame and all the chaos around them.

It's a rather touching and romantic scene - two people in love, embracing each other in the middle of a planet in chaos and destruction. There are flames everywhere, buildings destroyed, people screaming.

However, to Valtor and Y/N, there are only them and their love. A love in a chaotic world.

A love that is taken from them too soon.