Chapter 25

Alison groaned as she opened her eyes. Her whole body was aching. She stared at the ceiling above her head. This is not my room was the first thought in her mind. The pillows and covers had a familiar scent that for some unknown reason kept her calm. She knew that smell. "Alex!" she whispered and suddenly her eyes grew wide and she sat upright. She winced as her head pounded hard and kept her head between her hands. Images of the events of that night flowed in her mind. The dinner, her stepbrothers, the attack, Alex appeared in front of her, a bullet wound on Xander's arm.

With the last thought, her head shot up. "Xander!" she whispered panicked and throw the covers away, hissing in pain from the pain in her hand. She looked down and saw an IV attached to her hand. She quickly pulled the needle out and stood on her shaky legs, but as she took her first step, her legs gave away and she fell on the ground face first.

A door opened suddenly. "Alison!" she heard Alex's worried voice and the next second he knelt next to her and pulled her up. "Fuck! Your hand is bleeding."

Alison quickly fisted his white shirt in her hands and stared at his eyes. "Alex! Where are the others?" she asked frightened. "Xander was wounded. And where are Damien and Hunter?"

Alex put his hands on both sides of her face. "Alison, calm down. They are fine." he said and he wiped a tear which had fallen on her cheek with his thumb. "The attackers were all dead and your brother's men had just arrived when I took you."

Alison calmed down a bit and released her hold on his shirt. Her bloody hand had left a mark on his now wrinkled shirt. "I ruined your shirt." she whispered.

Alex kissed her forehead and gently scooped her in his arms and stood. She was shaking badly. Her teeth were chattering. He sat on the bed and put her between his legs and pulled the covers to her chin, making sure that her bloodied hand is out. He was happy that she didn't say anything and instead leaned on him. She was more overwhelmed with recent events to protest. He took a cotton ball from the nightstand and pressed it on her wound and kissed her temple.

"I'm still angry with you." she whispered.

"I know." said Alex and kissed her head. "And I'm so sorry about it. Nothing I say can explain what I did. But It was terribly wrong and you have every right to be angry. But Alison, I promise it won't happen again. I really like you. I swear. Please forgive me and give me another chance." he explained with haste.

Alison didn't say a word. She just leaned more onto him. He took it as a yes from her and happily buried his head in her neck. The feeling of having her safety in his arms was fantastic. He gently kissed her jaw. "I'm sorry, love. Please forgive me." he whispered.

Suddenly they heard heavy footsteps running toward the room. They looked up and Alex tightened his hold protectively, angry at whoever had dared to ruin his perfect moment.

A moment later three angry boys were standing in front of the door. Alison's eyes lit up as she saw Xander, Damien, and Hunter standing there, alive and fine. There was a bandage around Xander's bloody sleeve but other than that he looked fine.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" yelled Damien with a clenched jaw.

"Xander!" exclaimed Alison and wiggled out of Alex's arms and stood. The next moment she was in Xander's strong and surprisingly soothing arms. Alison hugged him back. "God, You are fine." she pulled away and looked at her other stepbrothers. "You are all fine."

Hunter came in and pulled her in another hug. "Alie!" he said. "We were so worried for you."

Just then, Mason and Rich came into the room as well alongside Juliet. Simon was behind them. "Sorry, my son should have not taken your sister here without your permission." she was explaining to Mason. "But please understand him. He was so worried for her."