Thirty-Seven

" They are all so young." Megan breathed out.

" Kind of. Some of them are hundreds years old. They took an oath that they couldn't be with a guy, and they will be immortal until they fall in battle." I supply.

" So, were you offered to join?" Nightwing asked.

" Yes, but she has made it very clear, she doesn't want any type of immortality." Artemis, the goddess, came up to walk with us.

" Thinks she's too good for immortality, huh, kelp head?" Thalia laughed and smacked me on the back hard enough to knock me over. I turned around and went to punch her.

" Girls." Artemis said. I crinkled my nose and flipped her off. Thalia growled and went to tackle me, but Artemis put a hand between us, " Do I have to separate you two?"

" No." We mumbled together, and kept glancing at each other.

" Is this how you act all the time?" Kaldur asked.

I turn my head to glare at him, " Shut up."

Thalia looked between us, " You know him?"

" He's a Royal guard, or was, to one of my father's mini kingdom things." I glanced back at Kaldur as Artemis led the group from us to sit around the fire the hunters already had up. I held back with Thalia closer to the line of trees so I could take my helmet off. It was dark outside and they definitely couldn't see this far away beside maybe Kaldur and Conner.

" Do you like him?" Thalia asked.

" Maybe. I don't know. There are a couple guys." I sat down in the snow against a tree.

She laughed and sat against the opposite tree, " You can always join the hunt."

" Yeah, I don't know. I think I'd be a little old, but I like two of them. And I did before something happened." I looked back at Dick as he took everything in. His gaze stopped for a second while looking at us.

" Aw, what happened between you and pretty boy?"

I pick up a random stick from the ground and start picking at it. " Um, he kissed me."

Thalia froze, her knuckles clenched, " Without your consent?"

" No, no, no, he asked me. But I was upset and it was the heat of the moment and now I'm confused. I thought I liked him, but now I have no idea." I groaned and threw the stick.

" If someone is making you this confused after something that usually decides if you like them or not, it's probably not the best idea. Plus, he obviously has no sense of emotion if he kissed you when you were upset." Thalia shrugged, " But, then again, I haven't needed dating advice in awhile. For guys at least."

" Hmh?" I asked, wanting to know more about Thalia's love life.

" Nothing. But I wouldn't date anyone who makes you uncomfortable. Go after a girl, guys suck ass. I think Piper would be in your taste."

" Maybe Reyna?" I asked. I saw Thalia glance up at me, then her nose twitched as she looked away. I let out a giggle, " Sorry, that was mean. I don't like her. But you do."

Thalia blushed and looked away. " Shut up, Jac-"

"Super hearing." I shift my foot to nudge her.

" But couldn't he tell from our conversation, already?" Thalia asked.

" He's not one for drama or romance in other people's life's. But names on people he doesn't know and is supposed to trust, he would most definitely tell someone." I watch the team, as they have a mental discussion once again. They would glance back at me then around to the other girls. I stood up, slipping my helmet on, "Anyway, it's getting late. We should probably head out."