Chapter 28

Tris had managed to sleep through the whole night without waking back up. She had a sore throat and a headache, but that was to be expected from the cold night and freezing water George had pulled her from. When she rolled over in her bed, she noticed the tall broad ginger was no longer there. She opened her eyes and saw sitting on the little table near her head a little note. She reached over and opened the note and saw who it was from.

"Goodmorning love, I had to leave before I got caught by Madame Pomfrey. You were sleeping so peacefully and I wasn't about to wake you. I have a few classes this morning and I know you would have killed me if I skipped them, so I went for you. I know you don't eat breakfast so I got you something else. Right behind your head on the little shelf, I have a surprise for you:) Hope you enjoy it love:)

Love,
George."

Tris placed the note back on the table and looked for the little shelf he was talking about. On the shelf sat a fresh steaming cup of her favorite coffee. A bright smile crept onto her face and she didn't even realize Madame Pomfrey had walked into the room.

"Glad to see a smile on your face again, Miss Lupin." she said to Tris. Tris just smiled and picked up her hot cup of coffee that George had made for her. Tris tried to talk to Madame Pomfrey, but when she tried to say something, her voice was gone. She was now hoarse. The coffee had seemed to soothe her throat, but now she couldn't speak.

Madame Pomfrey turned to Tris and noticed she was trying to say something but no words could be heard. "Oh, dear. Well, besides the loss of your voice, is anything else bothering you?" Madame Pomfrey said as she felt Trista's forehead to make sure she wasn't running a fever. Tris then used her hands and motioned to her throat.

"Right, well, I'll mix you up something to help sooth your throat, but unfortunately I don't have anything that will bring back your voice. That will have to happen all on its own." Madame Pomfrey said to the now irritated Tris. "Unfortunately, you will not be going back to your dorm room tonight, Miss Lupin. You must stay here another night." she said.

Tris then gave her a look saying she wanted to get out of there. "No exceptions, Miss Lupin. The professors have already brought over your assignments from today's lessons. That should give you something to do until your friends are out of their own classes." Madame Pomfrey said as she placed Trista's school work on the little table that stood beside her.

She then started on her assignments to go ahead and get them out of the way. She was still upset that she had to stay another night in the Hospital Wing because she wanted to be with her friends and George.

An hour later Madame Pomfrey walked through the front door. She gave Tris a look that told her it was time to take the disgusting medicine Tris dreaded. She didn't mind taking the pills, but when it came to the liquid medicine, she couldn't stand it. Especially the horrid taste. Madame Pomfrey then handed Tris the little cup filled with the goo-like medicine.

Tris made a gagging face and took the cup in her hands. As soon as she leaned her head back to let the medicine fall down her throat, George walked in. The expression on Trista's face told George how disgusting it was.

He felt bad for her and walked over to her. She shook her head at the disgusting medicine she had just taken and tears formed in her eyes. She wasn't upset, it was just that disgusting. George noticed her teary eyes and leaned over to give her a hug.

"Awe, love." he said as he held her head in his hand and leaned her up against his body. She started giggling to herself after the taste faded away and George pulled away from her.