23 - elle fanning

a/n: this one's longer than usual, which hopefully makes up for how crappy it is.

keys: 

Y/S/N: your sibling's name

"Oi, earth to Y/N," you heard a voice say, snapping you out of your trance. "Hm? What?" you said cluelessly, earning a sigh from Y/S/N. "We're about to go light up the fire works, you coming with?" they asked. "Eh, I'll just stay here," you replied with a shrug. "Really? Just gonna sit here on the couch, wrapped up like a burrito, while eating pizza and re-watching Supernatural for the 100th time?" they said, you didn't even need to look up at them to know they had a completely done expression on their face. 

"Bingo," you said, taking a bite of your pizza. Y/S/N huffed and rolled their eyes. "Oh come on, you don't even have to light any of the fireworks, just come outside and stop being a hermit," they insisted. 

You pretended to think about it. "Hmmmm, after zero consideration.... no," you said, an innocent smile on your face and looked back at your tv. Y/S/N just groaned, until an idea popped into their head.

"What if I told you Elle was there?" they said and you nearly choked on your pizza slice. "Then it would change nothing," you lied through your teeth, though they could clearly tell you were lying. "Mhm, sure, like I'd believe that," they retorted and you looked up at them again.

"I don't see why not, it's simply the truth," you said, "Oh don't act like you haven't had a crush on her since we were kids." You scoffed, putting your pizza down. "I have no-" you went to say but were interrupted. "Ok, that's it, I'm dragging you outside," they said and you just whined as they dragged you off the couch.

Y/S/N sat you down in the back of one of their friends trucks, you just pouted and mumbled things along the lines of "meanie" or "you better have paused my show" under your breath. "There, now look at the pretty fireworks," they said and you just huffed. "They're alright I guess."

"Good, now I'm going to go get us some drinks," they said and sent you a wink, leaving you confused until you heard an all too familar voice. 

"Oh, hey, Y/N," Elle said and you immediatly froze. She hopped onto the tailgate, sitting next to you. "Oh, heyyyyyyyy, how's it going?" you asked, trying to act cool, but failing miserably. 

She smiled at you, giving you butterflies. "Good, I'm glad you came outside, I figured you were gonna stay inside, I'd hate to celebrate the new year without you," she answered and you felt your face heat up a little and quickly looked down. "Well, you can thank Y/S/N for that, they literally dragged me out here," you said, chuckling. 

"Ah, should've known. But either way, I'm happy you could make it," she added. "And right on time, it's almost midnight." You perked your head up. You tried not to get your hopes up, but you couldn't help but get a little excited when she mentioned it almost being midnight. 

You had spent multiple new years eve's trying to gain the courage to kiss her, but obviously failed every year. But this had been the first year she had mentioned it. Usually you both would just stare at the clock, and celebrate by eating all the food in the kitchen and then both falling into food comas.

"Heh, well glad I have good timing," you said, an awkward chuckle coming out. She just smiled and took your hand, a normal gesture for the both of you, but never failed to turn you into a mess. Elle leaned her head on your shoulder, as you both watched the fireworks.

Your peaceful moment was interrupted though, by both yours and Elle's phones buzzing, signalling it was midnight. You mentally groaned, enjoying the moment, but you knew it wouldn't last forever. "Well then, shall we go stuff ourselves to sleep?" you suggested, but she smirked at you. 

"Mm, not this time, I have a better idea." Was all she said before placing a kiss on your lips, her lips lingering on yours for a couple of seconds, before finally pulling away. You just sat there. Stunned. Unable to speak. And when you did, all that came out was gibberish. 

Elle just giggled. "You alright?" she asked you in between her giggles. "Uhhhhh- yeah, more than alright, yup- I'm g-great." You finally managed to get out. You had a bright smile on your face.

"Well, that's good, because now I can ask you this: Y/N Y/L/N, will you be my girlfriend?" she asked, beaming at you. 

You felt like you were about to explode from happiness. You couldn't form the words, so you just aggressively nodded before kissing her again. "Yes!" You were able to get out. Elle was still had a huge smile on her face. 

She jumped down from the truck and grabbed your hand, helping you down. You both walked inside. "Still up for our usual routine?" she asked, smirking. You grinned. "Always... last one there has to clean up our mess in the morning," you said and rushed off to the kitchen. "Oh your on!" Elle replied and raced after you.