24 - florence pugh

a/n: i'm not ded, kind of. it's not great, but at this point it's better than nothing-

-

You opened the door to yours and Florence's home, immediately catching the smell of her cooking. You smile and quickly run into the kitchen. "Look who's finally-" Flo went to say but was interrupted by you placing a quick kiss on her lips. 

She smiled at you, turning away from the stove. "I take it you smelled dinner?" She asked, earning a nod from you. "It's hard to miss," you said, wrapping your arms around the back of her neck, kissing her again. 

Florence let out a small giggle. "I'm glad. It should be ready soon, so go get into something more comfortable," she said, pecking your cheek. You just nodded at her, unwrapping your arms around her and heading towards y'all's room to change. 

*tiny time skip*

When you had finished changing, Florence had dinner set up already. You carefully snuck up behind her as she was putting the food down on the table. "Have I ever told you how amazing you are?" You asked, even though you told her that at least 50 times a day. 

She pretended to think about it for a moment. "Nope, never," she replied, shaking her head. "Well, you are," you said, leaning your head on her shoulder. "Thank you. You can prove it to me by sitting your butt down and eating my food," she said, making you snicker. You lifted your head off her shoulder and sat down, sitting in the chair next to her. 

You had begun ranting about your day as Florence ate her food, you occasionally taking bites in between talking. She just smiled at you the entire time. This was reoccurring, each night you had long days at work, you would come home and eat dinner, telling her about your day. And when it was time for bed, Florence would tell you about hers until you fell asleep. 

And soon enough, you had both finished your food. You let out a content sigh, leaning back. "I think I'm gonna slip into a food coma," you muttered, earning a chuckle from Flo. "Well then, I'd say I did a good job," she joked. You nodded, eyes closed. 

"Come on, babe. Time for bed," she said, standing up and walking over to you, gently nudging you. "But I don't wanna get up," you pouted. She playfully rolled her eyes. "Fine," she said, shrugging as she walked over to the bedroom. You just mumbled an "okay," unbothered, until she spoke up again, making you nearly launch out of your chair. "I guess you'll miss dessert."