Beautiful scars

It was easy to forget all of the world's worries, locked away on this island which I never wanted to leave. It was our own little slice of perfection, our guarded haven inhabited by just the two of us. I had not felt this free—this happy—in so long, even in my time spent with Aiden and Abby.

The air still lingered with the savory and tangy scent from lunch—a mixture of potato salad, chicken, and a bowl of fruits accompanied by a glass of red wine that Lucas whipped up. Shocking because I had never seen the man do more than make himself a coffee. It melted my heart to see how far he was going to make this perfect.

The orange-yellow of the sun slowly setting beyond the horizon glistened over the water as it rocked back and forth in slow waves. It was a near hypnotic sight.

After lunch, Lucas had suggested we got sunbathed before swimming, he said it made the water better when we got in. So now, we were laying on the beach, watching as darkness slowly take over. Despite his protests, I still had the yellow bikini I had packed for the trip, it was the single most sexy thing I could think of carrying along. And while it was enough to have a good effect on Lucas, it was no comparison to the reaction he was inciting from me. Lucas had been a shameless tease by taking off every piece of clothing he had on, with the exception of his black briefs that left nothing to the imagination.

Rolling to my side, I popped my head on one arm to take a full good look at the delicious man next to me. Lucas lay on his back over the spread towel, hands propped under his head as he watched the sunset slowly. His strong, muscled, tanned body was on full display and the fact that he was almost completely naked did not do much to help keep my imaginations in check. I could not help the way my tongue darted out to lick my lips as my eyes roamed his body carefully.

"Seen something interesting?" he asked with a smirk, eyes still closed.

I bit back an embarrassed blush at being caught ogling him and lay back down. "You're going to burn,"

"I have sunscreen on," he chuckled.

'You should re-apply," I reached for the bottle next to me and added teasingly, "We don't want your perfect body getting marred by the sun."

Popping his eyes open, he regarded me with that smile that said he knew exactly what I was admiring, "I'm sure." His strong muscles flexed as he sat up, and I straddled his legs, giving him a wry smile as I smeared the sunscreen over his body.

"You sure are something," his words vibrated against my skin as he pressed a small kiss on my shoulder. Lucas twirled a loc of my straight brown hair in one finger as his eyes searched my face briefly and his expression morphed into that familiar hunger as they roamed lower. My tongue swiped across my lips, and I offered him a knowing smile, letting my fingers drag lower down his chest to his abdomen.

"Have I ever told you how sexy I think you are?" he asked, as his hands reached out to pull me closer until we were barely an inch apart.

I worked to keep my breath steady at the now rigid feeling of his cock pressed against my thighs. With my eyes fixed on his, I shook my head briefly. The stern look in his eyes though, forced a more verbal answer from me, "No..."

"Damn fucking sexy."

His answer made my cheeks thrum shamelessly and I bit my bottom lip, trying and failing to hold back a shy smile. "That means a lot coming from the sexiest man I know."

His laugh was low and deep, it sent depraved thoughts running through my head and desire pooling low in my belly. "You know you never did give me a second massage."

"I thought that was just a facade for us to get closer to each other?" I quirked my brows, amused at all the times we both played cat and dog with our feelings.