//Out-of-our-minds//

piss <3

-----

//Y/N's POV, 7 days ago//

I stood in front of the crowd of human-hostile demons and reached up to take off my mask. Now, you may be thinking "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???" to which, I'd respond, per usual, "FUNNY YOU'RE ASKING ME THAT, I'D LIKE TO KNOW THE SAME THING, ACTUALLY-"

I undid the strap and lowered my mask from my face. I could practically feel the blood of everyone in the audience run cold. "-What-" I heard a strangled gasp from Cozbi and several other murmurs before I continued speaking.

"As you already know, my name is Y/N. But what you don't know is that I am the only human left within the demon world." I took my chance while the demons were stunned to speak- before any of them decided I was a tasty enough looking snack to leap onstage. And I mean, yes, I am quite the snack, but also please don't kill me I'm too young and pretty to die. "You may see me as a solution to your problems. Of course, I should have enough blood in me to supply everyone in the village before dying of blood loss." If only these gullible demons knew what was going on in my head while I spoke.

"But my question to you is; then what? As I've mentioned, I'm the only human left here. Another hundred years and you will find yourselves facing the same situation all over again. Only this time, you won't have any leverage against Sonju and Mujika." The demons in the audience shifted uncomfortably, starting to see where I was coming from- and maybe a little disappointed that eating me was a bad idea. "But if you give me time, I can explore creating a cure for your situation. If that doesn't work, I can make an arrangement for blood to be donated from the human world. There are many solutions that don't involve violence. And I mean, I love violence. But dying? Not so much right now."

"And how can we trust you?" The leader finally spoke cooly, gliding towards me with an unnervingly pleasant smile on his face. "You, who has tricked the entire population into thinking you were a demon all along and told us moments earlier there were no humans left.  How can we expect your words to be the truth this time?"

I raised an eyebrow. "For the record, I said "No humans left in the castle", which isn't a lie. And when I set out to do something, I'll typically get it done- unless it involves studying. Of course, you could potentially kill me and bet on being able to find a solution later. But I doubt you'll live long after that. See, I happen to be friends with this absolutely terrifying demon. Know their name?"

"Sonju?" One voice from the audience echoed quietly.

"No, that one's Mujika, actually. You ever touched that woman's kitchen?" I cleared my throat. "Moving on- Sonju is the giant-asshole who also happens to wield an absolutely massive spear and could also probably decimate every single one of you within seconds. Now, I don't mean to threaten you, but... You touch a single hair on my head, and you may end with a small battalion of blood-hungry officials in your clearing. And hell, Sonju killed his own sister! What makes you think he'll spare you?"

The leader seemed to resign slightly. No matter how strong the strongest warrior here was, they had no chance against a battle-hardened and equally batshit-crazy individual like Sonju. 

Somewhere in the castle, Sonju sneezed.

"Very well." The demon leader spoke. "So long as you cooperate, we will avoid harming you and any other demons. On the condition that you spare the blood you can."

I watched as the audience began to clamour and stir quietly at the prospect of getting my blood for themselves. It was like standing in front of a crowd of ugly vampires. Lord knows I will never read another vampire romance novel after this experience. "I will spare what blood I can for those most in need of it" I elaborated, looking across the audience coldly. These demons were faced with incapacitation and loosing their mind and memories every day. And I was right in front of them- a chance to guarantee that they would lead humanoid lives for years longer. All of them toed the line of madness and I could tell right away the danger of being ambushed.