Sleepover

We got in the car and the whole way back I was thinking about Bonnie. Was my sister really so blind as to not see everything that I've been doing to protect the ones we love, including her best friend? I focused on the road, trying to shake away those thoughts. 

I decided not to sleep at home tonight, I just needed to be away from her for a while. I don't have the energy for another fight. It's been one thing after another today and I'm exhausted.

When we arrived back home I just smiled at Sheila "I'll probably sleep at Ty's tonight.", she nodded and smiled, but the concern was evident in her eyes. I hugged her tightly to lessen her worry "I'll be okay grams. It's just one sleepover." I grinned and headed to my car, while Sheila watched me with a soft smile on her face. 

After getting in the car I called Ty and waited for his reply "Hey Sera! Where were you? I was worried about you! I called you a million times today and there was no answer!"

I smiled softly, I didn't think anyone would be that worried since they knew I was fine. "I'm alive and well Ty, you know you don't need to worry about me"

"Of course I don't need to worry about you, but I still do. You're my best friend, what else did you expect? Where are you anyway?"

"I'm on my way to you if you'll have me" I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

"Of course I will. You know you don't have to ask." he huffed annoyed that I even dared to ask such a stupid question. 

"I'll be there in five. See you soon!" Grinning I hung up and started the car, excited for tonight. It's been a while since Ty and I had a sleepover, well ever since the Salvatores arrived. I was too focused on making sure that they were safe and even though I don't regret it, I missed him. I missed all of them but Ty was my ride or die. 

I arrived even faster than I thought I would. That could have been because I was going over the speed limit, but who knows?

When I parked the car I could already see Tyler waiting in front of the house. His arms crossed over his chest indicating that he wasn't happy with my disappearing act this past few days. I quickly got out of the car and ran into his arms. He hugged me tightly and smiled "I'm happy you came. It was pretty boring without you causing some ruckus. But don't think that I'm not mad at you for disappearing without saying anything!"

I chuckled ignoring his last words. I couldn't promise him that it won't happen again but I should have told him something instead of worrying him so much. "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm always being proper."

He snorted, looking me up and down "Sure, you're the definition of proper, Seraphina"

I just grinned child-like "Why thank you, Ty, I completely agree with you!"

"Come on, let's go inside. We can have a movie night and maybe a drink or two." he winked while putting his arm around my shoulders and I just grinned. This was exactly what I needed right now, no supernatural, no stress, just a fun night with my best friend.