155. Playing Pitiful

--What are you doing here?

When he heard Ling Fan's question, Lei Wu subconsciously meant to answer…

"We? We drove…" Leopard’s new Maserati to come.

Lei Wu wanted to say that, but suddenly realized something was wrong.

"Wait! Boss, you are awake?" Lei Wu asked with a surprised expression.

No, no, no, still not right.

Their boss was now like totally clear-headed, totally unlike he had just woken up.

So…

"Boss, did you…ahem, I mean…"

Was it possible that their boss had been pretending it from the beginning?

Pretending to pass out, then lie, uh…to gain Master Xiao's sympathy?

The more Lei Wu thought about it, the more he felt that it was possible.

Seeing how Chu Xiao looked just now, it was obvious that he still had their boss in his heart, but he was still mad at their boss for having concealed the kidnapping thing from him. So, their boss simply pretended to be seriously injured and pass out, then Master Xiao couldn't bear to leave, and then the two of them in a single room…and acted some food feeding thing and that kind of nasty thing at night, then misunderstand gone, right?

So…was the Boss's plan ruined by their sudden arrival?

Thinking of this possibility, Lei Wu scratched his head awkwardly.

"Hehe, well, boss, were you pretending to be asleep just now?" Lei Wu asked carefully.

Hearing that, Ling Fan raised his eyebrows, "What do you think?"

Ling Fan did not answer Lei Wu's question directly, but the meaning of this answer was obvious.

It was true he was pretending to be sleeping just now.

To be precise, not including that one at the beginning, for he really couldn’t hang in there and temporarily lost his consciousness.

After that, from when Chu Xiao helped him into the car until he had undergone the examinations and surgery, including when lying on the bed, Ling Fan had always been awake.

Therefore, including when Chu Xiao said drop him in the hospital, to when he asked "are you very proud of yourself?", and then that soft sigh with bitterness and entanglement, Ling Fan heard them all. Even with his eyes closed, he could imagine the struggling and complexity on Chu Xiao's face when he looked at him saying those.

Actually, it also only because Chu Xiao had been too worried. Otherwise, with Chu Xiao's keen sense, it was impossible for him not to notice that the frequency of Ling Fan's breathing didn’t belong to someone who passed out.

But all in all, Chu Xiao still cared about him.

Thinking of this, Ling Fan couldn't help having his lips curved.

In fact, during the whole process, Ling Fan had countless opportunities to "wake up". However, he didn't do that. Not only because he couldn't bear to let go of that kind of quiet atmosphere which would make him quite at ease like just now, and he was even more afraid that as soon as he woke up, Chu Xiao would immediately turn around and leave.