Chapter Seven: Rising Tension

The Jailhouse was filled with multiple barely six foot by four rooms, as Detective Almond walked through the gloomy darkened halls, filled with shattered pieces of glasses, and other small metals that the low class criminals would use to try and escape the thick metal bars that stood in between their future to debt. Detective Almond disappointedly sighed to himself, realizing that he would no longer be able to hide the devastating truth of what the kingdom had come to. The stench of sewage and sneaking in cigars made Detective Almond want to gag, but he kept it in, back straight as he went deeper into the Jailhouse.

Detective Almond went down stairs to the Jailhouse, the dimmed lights became more dim, if that were possible, as a black, hard metal door rested in the detective's peripheral vision. Detective Almond paused, unsure if this choice was truly the only way to go, he thought to himself, then remembered the phone call to the forbidden bar that always contained a couple bodies, every other week. The way the body was shot was the worst part, the arrow that was inflicted into the cookie had infected and burned the cookie slightly, the idea of murdering, whether it was for justice and a good motive, or just for the hell of it.

Detective Almond walked towards the black metal door, as the two guards bowed to him as a sign of respect towards the detective.

"He's looked inside, he's made attempts to escape, almost succeeding twice, but stopped tryin' after we arrested him, sir,' ' one of the guards said, tightening the grip of their weapon.

"Thank you kindly, your honor is served," the detective explained. "However, I must do what must be done, and discuss with him some important insight, so if you may..."

"Open the doors."

The guards hesitated at first, both looking at each other in confusion and worry, but needless to say, they both nodded hesitantly to each other, then to the detective, as the guard on the left had used his metal like key, and unlocked the door. As the door creaked open, the cold-weathered like air seeped through the detective's thin white shirt, taking one last warm deep breath, as he entered the dimly lit jail cell.

Slight daylight half broken light bulb dimmed in between Detective Almond, and the cookie across from them. The solid floors and walls that filled looked pitch black, yet he still felt the color of dark grey, and dullness in the cell. It was horrifying to see that face once more, those coffee yet smoke colored eyes sent a shiver down the detective's spine, but held his head eye, as he held the file of the dead cookie in his hands, looking at the cookie he still feared, dead in the eye.

"Far too long it has been ever since your multiple felonies in these towns," the Detective said, hissing under his breath nervously. "A shame that the one who created the first well known magic decided to turn to the dark side? Do you have no shame for what you did?"

"Do you not understand the consequences of your pathetic actions?!"

"If you are here to make fun of me, I won't hesitate to keep silent. You are here for a reason, so don't waste my time with your pathetic insults," the cookie across the detective said, rolling his eyes. The detective jumped slightly as the figure stood up, those eyes becoming slightly taller as the taller cookie walked into the dimmed light, those familiar light golden glasses shining lightly into the light, as the cookie looked down at the Detective's file.

"So you need me for yet another one of these murder cases that have no use or benefit to me?" Before the detective could respond, the cookie hissed under his breath as he grabbed the collar of the detective's tie, pulling it up harshly as the cookie's smokey eyes narrowed with anger.

"You dare to doubt me and use me as a toy? Do you not remember my name? The one who wielded coffee magic like it was nothing?!" The cookie shouted, the guards immediately looked behind as they prepared to fire their guns, but Almond quickly put his hand up to signify he was okay. As the guards put their guns down, the angered cookie put Almond down as he scoffed.