ATE - Extras 6

Heyo!

Fun fact: Google says that the minimum average novel length is 40,000 words...which means that every single one of these groups of extras is about the length of a short novel.

How fun.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

"Light"

This short takes place in the "Vantablack" timeline (mm yes we start with angst)!

Classification: hurt-comfort, I guess.

Warnings: violence, torture, mental trauma.

Canonicity: alternate timeline.

~~~~~

Ink had been bad. The constant reprimand, mixed with the stern looming of torture at any false move..it was horrible. But now that Papyrus had fallen under his sway..it was so much worse. I would have preferred Ink! Being beaten, whipped, and insulted at the same time was too much for me! I wasn't meant to take that much pain..I was cracking at the seams. My brother no longer loved me; Ink had turned his soul as dark as a night with no moon or stars..Papyrus was dead, and only a monster remained. He was Ink's right hand monster..he did what he was told when he was told, and when he wasn't told anything, he was free to do as he pleased..which usually involved playing with me. Ink was crueler than Papyrus, yes, but something about the glare of hate from my own brother..it broke me. I had tried to reason with him at first, but I knew when something was useless..I simply accepted my fate after that. Ink and Papyrus enjoyed inventing new rules for me to live by and punishing me unfairly when they were broken; my existence was against the rules, and I was punished for it daily. I wished I could go back in time to when things had been simpler..when Ink hadn't been so cruelly corrupted by those accursed apples.

"Pay attention, toy!" Ink growled at my lack of awareness as I struggled to stay awake; I hadn't slept in three weeks.

"H-help.." I silently whispered, to no one in particular..I didn't know what to do anymore.

"Quiet!" Papyrus hissed, reminding me that I was no longer allowed to speak, either..I was to be silent...eternally mute.

I simply bowed my skull and tried to focus on whatever they were doing..I didn't know what it was, and I really didn't care. Upon the realization that I wasn't paying them any mind, they grew angry, and they began to punish me for my insolence...the blows were dulled by the fact that I was too tired to care. I just wanted sleep.

"Stay up!" Ink kicked me in the ribcage; I truly didn't feel much of anything..

"Disobedient little twit." Papyrus scoffed. "Cannot do anything right."

"I think it needs another lesson."

"I will be glad to assist you."

"Papyrus, what did I say about your speech?"

"Apologies..I..I'm not used to using so many contractions."

"Good boy. Now, let's teach this idiot a lesson it won't soon forget."

"May I suggest electrocution? It'll..shock it awake."

"You're getting better at this, Papyrus."

"Thank you, master."

I was bound tightly with an electrical wire, and there was no covering to protect me from the current. They made sure to cover every bone I had, and they didn't overlook my soul; they never did. When I was fully prepared for torture, they stepped clear of the wiring, and they sent an electrical current through the wires. Blows hadn't hurt me, but..this certainly did. They laughed as I convulsed on the floor, increasing the current when they felt that they were being too lenient..and I suffered, as I did every day. This was no different. When night came, they hadn't bothered to release me from my electric torture, deciding that this lesson would keep me from repeating my mistake of daring to be tired..I knew it wouldn't. I was doused with water at various periods during the night as punishment for interrupting the sleep of my owners..my pain was a neverending nightmare. As morning arrived, I was finally freed, but I continued to convulse; I couldn't stop.