Chapter 27: Guest

Nino and Chloe strolled through the garden hand in hand not wanting to let go of each other. They sat down at a gazebo they had found. Nino was about to stand up to turn on the lights, but Chloe held his hand tighter not wanting to let go. She was scared, scared that if she let go, he would disappear. Nino looked at her and gave her a pat on the head.

"Chloe, can you please let go so I can turn on the lights?" He asked softly but Chloe shook her head.

He knew that Chloe had issues with people leaving her. For years her mother had come and go barely present though out her life and her father busy being a mayor. It wasn't until Marinette told Aubrey to bring Chloe to New York instead of her that they reconcile.

Nino sighed and chuckled, he sat back down and put his arm around his girlfriend. He looked at her and thought about how cute she was, he thought about all their moments from their sweet moments to bitter ones and he treasured every bit of them. He knew that it was their flaws that made them perfect for each other. Honestly if he could, he would give the world to her.

He looked down to see that she had fallen asleep, once again he chuckled. He picked her up and carried her back inside. He carried her up to her room and asked a maid to change her into a pajama. He gave her a peck on the lips and whispered good night to her before leaving the room.

As he was about to go into his room a guard had appeared before him and said, "Nino Lahiffe the Emperor has summoned you."

Nino nodded and left for the main palace.

Once arriving to his office, he saw Marinette and Nathaniel there.

"Greetings to the Sun of Chinese Empire." He greeted as he bowed.

"Nino, I want you to train Nathaniel here for the royal guard's exam. Do you think you can do that?" Xukun asked.

"Of course, your majesty I will try my best."

"I have an underground training facility in my villa that you can use." Marinette chimed in.

Nino bowed and said, "Thank you, your highness."

Xukun nodded, "Very well, that would be all, you may leave."

The trio bowed and left the office.

Nino gave Nathaniel a glance and asked, "Did you tell her?"

"Juleka? Yeah, I did at first, she wasn't pleased but she also understood she said, and I quote, "If you wanna go around killing people make sure they aren't innocent and just not in front of me.""

Marinette then looked up at the sky and said, "I realize that most of us have a hidden thirst for blood buried deep in our hearts, what I mean is that we don't really react when it comes to unaliving someone."

"Think we should talk to a psychiatrist?" Nino jokingly asked.

Nathaniel chuckled and said, "Dude if we talk to a doctor or psychiatrist about this the only thing that will happen is us ending up in a mental asylum."

Marinette then linked arms with the guys and said, "If you want, we could go to the dungeons when we're free and I could teach you guys how to torture and enemy, I mean I don't want to brag but I did learn from the best of the best. My favorite method is the slow and painful kind."

Nathanie and Nino looked at each other and said, "Psycho?" They nodded and agreed, "Yup psycho."

Marinette pouted at them, "You guys are mean."

They all laughed as Marinette chased after them.

(Timeskip)

The next morning while everyone was having break.