Part 37

Man I uh, let all the fluff out this chapter. Tons of Asasuya, Mikira, and Kazta content!! :) totally not a warning for next chapter 🤠

Thank you all for 47k, that's freaking crazy. All of your votes and comments have meant the absolute world to me. I've been going through some stuff and every time I see someone new reading my book or I see a name I recognize comment something, it honestly makes my day 1000x better, so thank you all 💛💛💛

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
Akira tore the house door open, running towards the bedroom he'd missed seeing whilst in the future. He pulled the bedroom door open finding a puff of blonde hair asleep in the bed. The black-haired boy stopped in the doorway, smiling to himself at the sight of his boyfriend that he'd missed more than anything in the world.

He slowly walked into the room, carefully closing the door, and walked over to the bed, his sleeping beauty slightly snoring as his face clenched into an angry one as he let a muffled hum come from his body as he curled into a ball.

Akira's face heated up at the sight, kneeling down and slightly brushing the boy's hair from his face. He stared at the peaceful sleeper, a small smile on his face. A flash of the older, dying version of the same face flashed through his mind causing him to flinch, tears beginning to pool in his eyes again.

"Hmm?" The sleeping boy stirred, his eyes slightly opening as he was greeted by the sight of his boyfriend on the brink of tears. Mikey, still half asleep tilted his head at the boy whose lips turned into a shaky smile as he let out a weak chuckle and wiped his eyes.

"Aki? What're ya doing here?" Mikey mumbled, going to sit up before Akira stopped him, shaking his head as he let out a relieved sigh.

"Just- bad dream," Akira mumbled causing Mikey to nod, pushing himself to the far part of the bed and holding the covers up. Akira didn't hesitate, seeing the warm blanket as a bubble of comfort from the hell he'd just gotten back from. He quickly pulled his jacket off, putting it on Mikey's desk chair and climbing into bed next to his boyfriend.

"It was just- a dream... I gotcha." Mikey yawned, lazily throwing his arm around the boy's waist and pulling him close. Akira felt a smile come over his face again, Akira put his chin on Mikey's head as he felt the blonde pull him closer, immediately falling asleep.

Akira breathed in his scent, the vanilla smell being one that he'd always have staining his nose but one that he'd never ever get tired of. The man he'd met from the future, the broken and murderous man, that wasn't his Mikey, that wasn't his pride and joy, it sure as hell wasn't his love.

"I'm the lucky one? Do you have any idea how much I love you, you fucking idiot?" Akira mumbled, snuggling his head into Mikey's blonde hair. The only response he got was a soft snore coming from his boyfriend causing him to smile and let his eyes close, feeling safe for the first time since coming back from the future.

He sighed as he let unconsciousness fall over him, falling into a nightmarless sleep as he lay in the arms of his heart.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"They'll be fine for one night, Taka." Asahi mumbled from the couch, not looking up from his phone as he felt his boyfriend's nervousness radiate from his body.

"But what if they need help cooking?? What if Luna falls down the stairs again!?" Mitsuya asked, folding his arms over his chest as he stressfully rubbed his forehead.

"We'll be okay! Mom already made us dinner and everything, we just need to heat it up! She'll be home in an hour anyways! Mr.Asahi has been planning this all week!" Luna spoke from the floor as she played with her little sister.