Barren

This chapter will be pure non sense because I just wanted to write with no ideas.

I had to do something to distract myself, cause I just broke up with my boyfriend, who used me to get my search history for the quiz, so he would know which websites i used to prepare. He was dumb enough to loose me but I am the one who is crying.

Anyways target for this chapter-
25 VOTES AND 100 COMMENTS

~~~~~~~~~~~

I love life that challenges me to break past my limits.

~~~~~~~~~~

When they had ridden two days, they reached the end of greenness in the world and saw a wasteland before them that stretched to the horizon and beyond. They knew they had arrived at the frontiers of Khandavprasth kingdom. Certainly, in extent, the land of Khandavaprastha was equal to the rest of the Kuru lands. Looking at that desert, Yudhishtira wished it much smaller: so there would be less of it to Salvage from the curse of old.

The Pandavas and the brave people who had come with them stood silenced at the edge of that waste.

Krishna saw how near tears his cousins were. He said, "Dhritarashtra is like the fool who admired the beauty of the streak of lightning, until it fell on him. He forgets he will reap the harvest of the evil he sows." Krishna took Yudhishtira's hand. "But not you, gentle cousin. Why should you reap the bitterness your uncle has sown? Come, let us enter your elder brother's vast kingdom; for vast at least it certainly is." He lowered his voice to whisper to Yudhishtira, "And we shall see what we can make of this desolation."

Yudhishtira looked sharply at him, but Krishna had already ridden ahead into the wilderness. Yudhishtira rode after him and the others followed, numbly, wondering what the Avatara could do with such monstrous barrenness, where only the rishis' curse thrive.

The rode and rode deeper an deeper as karn pointed-

"Look! The ruins of Khandavaprastha."

Fallen walls in the growing dimness, among which only lizards scuttled and snakes had nests; battlements and turrets, palaces, once eminent surely, but now tangled with thorny plants that survive in desert's hearts; deep moats and pools, which must have once been full of clear water, lotuses and birds, now full of dust and sand; streets where only the wind ventured; flanking those streets tumbledown mansions in which not even ghosts lived: these were the ruins of a magnificent city, the capital of their ancestors.

"So this is what that blind one gave us." Dhriti gritted her teeth as yudhishthira turned and gave her a sharp glare and mouthed not to say that again.

His handsome face alive with determination, Karn said to Krishna, "I am glad my uncle gave me this ruined land for our kingdom. At least, now we have a challenge before us. I am grateful for a destiny that tests us."

Krishna smiled at him like the sun. "The time of the rishis' curse is finished! Because your heart has been moved by this place. You did not know it, but it was foretold that life and prosperity would return to Khandavaprastha when a Kuru king yearned to heal the cursed land."

The sun was setting and they had journeyed long and hard. They were exhausted and the task ahead seemed formidable, even impossible. Krishna advised, "Let us eat now and sleep. We are tired and easy prey for despair."

Heeding his advice the built tents, first for the subjects then for the royal family of khandavprasth.

Draupadi cooked the meal, as bheem helped her and sahadev served.

Yudhishthira and dhriti looked after the needs of the people, nakul and sahadev tended to the cattle as karn and arjun ran into the woods getting wood for fire.