Eat fire

From a single whiff, he could tell their strength, gender and the times at which they arrived and left. None of them dared to approach his territory. He had a few occasional visitors but they were easily fended off. Some even left on their own.

To most carnivorous beastmen, the vegetative land was nothing to put in their eyes of but Mr. Wolf couldn't be more proud of himself.

He circled a large area around his cave, leaving some sections of that circle without his scent.

When he was done, he headed back to his cave. It was during that journey that he head a happy exclamation from Xiao Hēi. Having nothing better to do, he took a leisurely walk in her direction. He really wanted to know what the strange creature was so happy about.

My oh my! The evil she was up to. The little demoness had decided to bring death upon everyone.

The wolf almost puked blood when he saw her demon ways. She was kneeling before a few sticks and leaves that had started burning. By the looks of it, she had been the one who started it. He really wished he could kill her with one blow.

She was happily smiling at the growing flames, looking like it was her life's greatest achievement. Given the situation, it sort of was. At home, all she had to do was turn a switch and voila!- fire. She had rare need to lighters and more less match sticks.

To the wolf, her smile looked especially sinister. And when she dusted her hands, to him it looked like she was rubbing her hands together with malicious intent- a fiendish villain indeed.

Denise added more dry leaves to encourage the flames while Mr. Wolf, whom she didn't know was right behind her, was doing all he could to fight his bloodlust.

When she turned to her sweet potato, she came across the familiar grey eyes. The wolf was crouched low with his shoulder muscles twitching and clenched teeth showing, looking like he was ready to pounce.

In all honesty, she didn't know how she managed not to scream. Her mind went into chaos for a few seconds before it cleared and when it did, the novelty of the scene disappeared.

He looked at her and she looked at him for a period, she felt, that was way too long. Through the growing awkwardness, she decided to move towards the sweet potato. He also took that moment to move around her until her back was turned to him.

With one powerful slam, he extinguished the fire. Denise turned immediately, only to find smoke and sad looking scattered sticks. When she had made the fire earlier, all the sticks and leaves seemed to be happy with her and when it went off, the entire world turned blue.

"What the hell?" She rushed back to the fire, trying to save it, "The fuck is your problem?" She turned to the wolf, "Do you have any idea how long it took for me to make that fire?"

The wolf looked at her with what should have been a stern expression. His sanity screamed that Xiao Hēi was an evil little thing. Everything about her didn't make any sense: from her arrival to the fact that she was still alive.

Denise was seated on her arse, looking up at him but she was simply lost. Now what? Now what? What could have possibly inspired the big buffoon to come around and ruin her disaster of a life?

She took a deep breath then turned to the small fireplace. Silently, she organized the leaves and branches then picked up the two stones and started striking them again.

Mr. Wolf had been wondering how she had made the fire. He hadn't sensed her beast form and she didn't have any beast features. In fact, she looked soft all over. He was wanted to take the opportunity to observe her and find out exactly what she was.