twenty-six | bars and hospitals

Caleb Andrews

Caleb Andrews

I smiled as I laid down onto the bed. I touched my lips, remembering the kiss that I shared with Gabby, less than ten minutes ago. I was so stupid to kiss the blonde girl from earlier.

I didn't even remember her name.

I had been trying to forget and deny all the things I felt about Gabby for the past few days, and I guess I just thought kissing someone else would help, but it didn't, it didn't help at all.

If anything, it made me feel ten times worse.

My phone sounded loudly in my ear, bringing me out of my thoughts. Thinking it was the blonde, I looked at it, ready to press the delete button until I noticed the message said from unknown.

I read the message over and my heart thumped faster than it ever had before.

Caleb,

Meet me at Maple street bar
DO NOT bring Gabby

You know who it is.

I had no clue how Gabby's father had gotten my number and it couldn't be a prank message since I'd just met him one day ago and nobody else but Gabby, her mom, Kylie and I knew who he was. Unless it was Jake trying to mess with me.

But how would he know about it?

Instead of waiting any longer. I wrote a note for Gabby telling her not to find me. I knew that she had the same mindset as I did when she went Florida, and that wasn't good for the either of us. I walked out towards the car and drove towards Maple street bar, at least where I knew it was, which was in a pretty sketchy area.

This better be Jake.

The drive down to the bar was extremely long, and I was scared to see what was waiting for me there, meaning that I'm sure I was driving slightly slower in order to delay what was going to be there for me.

As I walked in, the lights hit my eyes and I searched round the room for a sign of someone looking for me, or better yet, Jake. There were a few men sat at the bar, drinking away whatever they could before they returned to their wives.

Suddenly, I noticed him, sitting still with a drink in his hands.

"Why did you send me that message?" I shouted, grabbing tightly onto his collar with my hands.

This is one of the first times I have ever been above Jake and can control him. He had controlled me enough of my life and sending fake, threatening messages wasn't going to help him gain control over me again.

"What message?" He shouted back as he struggled free, but the anger surrounding my body had created the strength to keep ahold of him.

"You know what message I'm talking about, don't lie to me!" I almost screamed at him above the music that was currently playing in the bar.