TWENTY FOUR

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

The last few days felt like a whirlwind, I couldn't concentrate for more than a couple minutes before my mind went wandering back to Kassian

The last few days felt like a whirlwind, I couldn't concentrate for more than a couple minutes before my mind went wandering back to Kassian. Shamelessly. I hated it, I wanted it to stop but our conversation still circulates in my head like a broken record.

I had barely seen him which was a bonus for me, I wasn't entirely sure what I would say to him. Everything felt up in the air and tense at the moment and I had no clue how to act.

He'd probably go back to hating me within a second, letting his anger get the best of him. Which is why I told Nella it would be the perfect opportunity to get away from the house and all this madness by going to retrieve the Guidant's locket.

Diamond gave us the information to a witch not too far from here, she would help us create the important piece of jewellery and then Nella had the job of casting her magic upon it.

Nella grabs her keys from the side and we promptly exit the kitchen, heading for the front door. "Where are you guys off to?" Alfie questions as he reaches the bottom of the stairs.

I turn to face Alfie and shrug, Nella on the other hand had her eyes wide and her body rigid. The worst liar to ever grace this Earth, so I meet her half way.

"We're going to practice magic," I say eventually.

Alfie nods towards us. "Without everyone else?"

I hum instantly. "Diamond taught us some tricks and Nella wants to practice them on me, without the pressure of everyone else." My voice explains confidently. "Right Nella?"

My elbow extends to jab her ribs as she turns to me and then Alfie. "Urmm yes, magic. Yes."

Internally I roll my eyes before taking a step back towards the door. "We gotta go," I huff out before latching onto her arm and yanking her body. "Don't want to be out when it's dark."

Alfie flicks his eyes between us carefully before smiling. "Fair enough," he salutes us with two fingers. "Have a good day."

"You-you too Alfie," Nella stutters before exiting out the door and shutting it firmly behind us.

Once we approach her car, I stand by the passenger side. "What the fuck was that?" I say bluntly.

Nella huffs out a sigh and rubs her eyes with her fingers. "I am not good at lying, okay?"

"Wow, thank you for pointing out the obvious." I say sarcastically before pulling at the handle and sliding into the car.

"We best go before someone else stops us," she rushes as she slips in beside me, putting the keys into the ignition and starting the engine instantly.

Without another word she reverses out of the drive and onto the road. "So what's been going on with you?" Nella smiles as she rests a hand down onto the steering wheel. "You've been MIA these last couple days."