Chapter 31

Unedited 27/11/2021

  "You promised you will take it easy," Kevin reminded her.
  "Kevin, I will, I'm perfectly ok, and as I said I won't be on my feet. I checked out this community college, and they offer a pre-med course. I will only be doing a few classes, so when the baby arrives, I will have less study time to achieve my dream. Just make sure you don't overdo it."
  "I won't."

At the end of the night, everyone had something planned for their future, and everyone said goodnight being happy for and proud of each other. The following week went by with Jesreen going for her check-up, and like all the previous checks, everything was progressing well.

She was feeling the baby's movement more, and her belly was getting bigger by the day. It was obvious to everyone that she was pregnant, and her customers were always congratulating her and giving her extra tips, saying it was for the baby.

She also went to do paperwork for class. She will be starting late but she knows she will catch up. With her changed hours, Jesreen started working the day shift only.

Everyone was home for the weekend, and they came to the diner for sandwiches and coffee. Jesreen's shifts will be finished in five minutes, and she will be joining them. She cleared her last table and was about to take off her apron when she heard the diner door open.

She looks up and froze. Kevin who was watching her saw her reaction and went to her in a hurry, wondering if something was wrong with her or the baby.

He was asking her if she and the baby were okay with his hands on her belly. It was at this point that the man at the door saw her belly. He was not told that she was pregnant.

Jensen wondered if she was dreaming. After blinking her eyes a few times, she knew he was there for sure. How did he find her? She was just settling down and here he is.

Was he going to create a scene here at her workplace, in front of her new friends? She still misses him but she knew she had to put him at the back of our minds for our survival and in the long run for her baby's survival.

It is as if he was seeing her for the first time. She is so beautiful, and she is pregnant. Who is that young man with his hand on her belly? Why didn't his friend tell him she was pregnant? A few more young people were starting to gather around her, trying to find out if she was ok.

All this is his fault, for her being pregnant and all, he knew it. She looks just like her mother. Megan was only one year older when she was pregnant with her.

He felt fresh pain erupt in his belly thinking of her. He was not going to give in to what he wanted to do. He was going to face his pain and deal with it better than he had been doing it for over a year now. He took a step forward.

Jesreen was not responding to Kevin, and the rest of the guys were concerned as well. Kevin realizes that she was just steering towards the door and looked in that direction as well. He saw a man walking towards them.

   "Jesreen." The man who obviously knew her called her name. She did not respond, she just stared at him with tears running down her face. "Jesreen." He called again, looking at her as if pleading for her to stop crying.

He held out his hand to her and she just walked out of Kevin's arms and into his, crying openly while he kissed her on her head telling her that everything was ok.

The customers were by now distracted from their meal. Seeing this, Kevin told Jesreen and the man he assumed to be her father he thinks it would be better if they step outside.

Deon was on her way out with them when Sammy suggested that they stay inside and told Kevin if they needed them, he was to call them. While the guys were inside wondering who the man was, most of them wondered if it was her father. From concluded that it was her baby's father. She was going to ask her as soon as you get the chance. She doesn't like to jump to a conclusion.

A/N

This girl Deon🤦‍♀️. Who has a friend like her? Talk to me.

Thanking all my readers for giving this book a chance. Be safe.❤❤❤❤