Intro And Prologue

The Champion's Protege

Hey everybody! This is my first FanFic ever guys so bear with me please. It's a Rayshipping fic (AshxCynthia) cuz that's my favorite pairing. I don't even know why myself, it just is. Since it's my first fic, any advice you guys have would be appreciated, just leave a comment at the bottom. The fic takes place a year after Ash loses to Tobias in the Sinnoh League. I have not seen every single episode up until the end of Sinnoh- I have seen a lot of them, but not all- so if I make a factual mistake, just let me know in the comments please. Also, I HATE the Unova region and Kalos region anime! I think it completely ruined pokemon, so in my fic those two regions don't exist, only Kanto, The Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh exist. Furthermore, I made all the characters ages different, and I made Ash a lot smarter than he is in the anime. These are all the main characters I think I'm going to be using, but I might not end up using them all. Also, if I add another main character into the fic that isn't on this list later on, I'll tell you their age then.

Ash- 17

Cynthia- 19

Brock- 19

Dawn- 14

Misty- 17

Paul- 16

Gary- 17

Tobias- 18

Delia- 39

Professor Oak- 55

"S"= Speech

'T'= Thoughts

"PS"= Pokemon Speech

'PT'= Pokemon Thoughts

The Champion's Protégé

Prologue

*One Year Ago At The Sinnoh League*

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt! You can do it!" shouted Ash.

"Piiiikkkkaaaaaccchhhhuuuuuuuu!" screamed the little mouse pokemon as he blasted his opponent with electricity.

"Quick, descend and toss it off!" ordered Tobias. His Latios stopped his ascent and made a sharp turn downwards. Due to the force of the climb upwards, when Latios made the quick turn down, pikachu was flown off its back.

"Pika!" said the little mouse pokemon in surprise."

Use Luster Purge now!" screamed Tobias.

"Groooaaaaaah" cried Latios as he charged up his attack.

"Pikachu, use Volt Tackle!" screamed Ash.

"Pika!" said Pikachu as he surrounded himself in electricity. Latios released a huge purple beam of energy at Pikachu, but Pikachu took it head on and started running through the beam towards Latios. "Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika!" he shouted.

"Now! Use Iron Tail!" bellowed Ash.

"Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Chu, Pika!" yelled Pikachu as his tail collided with Latios.

A giant explosion set off as the two moves collided that racked the entire stadium. Both trainers put their arms up to shield their faces from the dust. They both stood there in silence, waiting for the dust to clear, to see what had happened. When the smoke finally cleared, both pokemon were laying next to each other unconscious.

"Pikachu and Latios are both unable to battle!" announced the referee. "All six of Ash's pokemon have been eliminated, so moving on to the finals is Tobias, the victor!"

The stadium erupted into cheers for both trainers as the two young men met in the center of the battlefield and shook hands, thanking each other for the good battle. However, unbeknownst to Ash, a certain blonde haired woman, while clapping with the rest of the crowd, was staring right at him.

"That boy is incredible! What a battle! He just might be the one after all! With more training and some proper guidance Ash just might become strong enough to beat me one day!" said the Sinnoh Region's Champion, Cynthia. "Maybe I should travel with him? Give him some special training. Who knows how strong he'd become? What do you think Garchomp?" Cynthia turned around to face her lifelong partner and closest friend.

"Gar, Garchomp," said Garchomp.

"Well that settles it then," said Cynthia with a smile. "I'll train him myself."

This is just the introduction; the real story starts next chapter.