The Peace Treaty

It has been a month now since Rebekah left. I can tell Klaus really misses her and wants her back but he's not going to admit it. Elijah and I miss her just as much, yet we don't have a problem with admitting in.

During this time, during a full moon, Hayley and I used the potion Celeste prepared for our pack and thankfully it worked like it was supposed to.

Our pack.

That's something I never thought I'd say.

All these years I was independent, I was just a vampire. But now... now I'm in New Orleans, pregnant with the man I love more than anything in this world and I have met my pack.

I may have never met my father, but this is the closest I've ever been to him.

On another note, Elijah has been trying to bring the factions in the French Quarter together, meaning the humans, vampires and witches. He of course didn't include the werewolves, pissing of both Hayley and me.

Hayley had a go at him for not giving the werewolves a say at the table. Speaking of the table, each faction had it's leader. And the one I hated most?

Genevieve. Leader of the witches.

For the past few weeks she has been trying to flirt with Klaus, to no use of course, but every time I see her, I feel like ripping out her throat.

Then there's also Camille. So sweet and innocent. Yet, she always seems jealous around Klaus.

And then there's me. My baby bump has gotten quite big to the point where my baggy clothes aren't doing much to cover it anymore. And I'm continuously going between the Bayou and the French Quarter. I've been spending quite a lot of time at the Bayou, getting to know the werewolves, but I've also spent a lot more time with Klaus recently.

And that's what I was doing right now. I sat in Klaus' painting room, quietly observing him paint another masterpiece.

That was until Cami came unannounced.

"I saw the light from the courtyard and took a chance that..." She stopped when she noticed I was also in the room. "...you were here. I need to speak with you."

Klaus slowly turned around and faced the blond. "Go ahead."

She glanced in my direction for a second before looking back at him. "Alone?"

Klaus raised his arms. "Whatever you have to say to me, you can say to Brooke."

I could see the girl was frustrated so when she looked at me again I simply smirked back at her.

"I'm here to talk about my uncle." She sighed. "He's deteriorating. The pills, the meditation, they're not working. His lucidity's shrinking by the day. A witch did this, a witch can undo it. I was thinking... maybe you could persuade Genevieve to help."

I sat up in my seat and glared at the girl in disbelief. "Now why the hell would he do that?"

"Well..." She shifted in her spot. "...I have noticed that she has recently took a liking in Klaus so I thought that maybe she would help him."

"Oh yeah, definitely. I'm just going to send my boyfriend off to flirt with some witch bitch to help some pathetic wannabe shrink." I said sarcastically.

And before any of us could say anything else, Klaus jumped in. "It wouldn't do any good anyway. These hexes, they start with magic, but they take root, they alter the very chemistry of the brain."

I smirked tauntingly at the blond girl. "And the damage is already done. He's as good as dead."

She looked at me clearly pissed off before storming out so I finally leaned back and sunk back into the couch.