𝟬𝟬𝟵 she'll pretend nothing happened

chapter nine she'll pretend nothing happened

chapter nine
she'll pretend nothing happened

✵ ✵ ✵

The feeling of your lungs bursting as it struggled to push air out and pull it in and the feeling of your heart banging against your rib cage, was something Arden soon found that she hated

The feeling of your lungs bursting as it struggled to push air out and pull it in and the feeling of your heart banging against your rib cage, was something Arden soon found that she hated. At this point, she believed she was dying.

That's right. Her, an eternal who was meant to live for centuries and never once die, was dying. Who would've thought.

She didnt necessarily want to die, she had so much more things to collect. Yet as tears fell out of her eyes and onto her hand that was covering her mouth to prevent noise coming out, she so desperately wanted to die in that moment just to make it all stop.

Lets be honest, struggling lungs and a loud heart paired with a turning stomach and a pounding headache wasn't exactly the greatest. The fact she didn't know what the hell was going on was what made matters worse.

Her limbs tingled making her stretch out her legs to try and make it go away. She had no choice but to remove her hand, it immediately finding its place on the floor next to her, making her release a shaky breath. She winced when she heard it become louder than she expected and froze when she heard approaching voices.

She scooted herself to a darker corner in Phastos' lab, bringing her knees to her chest and covering her mouth yet again.

"It's weird," she heard a voice say. "How are we sure she really does like me."

"Cmon man," another laughed, she could tell it was Gilgamesh. "You really think she'd spend all that time with you? Everytime she's with me and T she mentions you all the time."

"Quit being a wimp," she heard, and she immediately knew it was Sprite. "Just talk to her."

"I'm surprised you're even talking to us about this anyway," Kingo said. "Figured you just, wouldn't."