Grandfather

Senjuro couldn't find anything about the Seraphic Breathing in the records, so basically, if I want to know something about it, I need to ask directly to Shinjuro

The problem is if he will want to answer me.

I sighed in front of his room.

I slightly knocked the wall beside the shogi door, announcing that I'm entering.

After opening it, I see him sitting on his futon, a bottle of sake in his hand as he looked outside.

"Excuse me, Rengoku."

No answer.

"What you said before, about the seraphic breathing, I would like to know more about it."

….still no answer.

"You-"

He suddenly cuts me. "For my son to be saved by an ignorant fool like you, he really is useless."

"..... I apologize in advance for saying this. I understand that you feel sad for your loss, but you don't have time for it. You do realize that one second late and your son would be dead, right? He is a demon slayer, he might be dead tomorrow, next month, or even today, that how this job is. Do you really want your last words to your son to be insults? You don't have time to grieve. Or at least, not in this way of grieving."

His grip in the sake bottle got stronger.

"If your wife saw this, she would be very disappointed with you."

In response, he threw his bottle in my direction, the object hitting the wall beside me and breaking into pieces.

One of the shards made a cut in my cheek, and part of my clothes was wet with the alcohol.

"… I'm sorry for the intrusion. Excuse me….also, Senjuro said he's not mad about before."

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but…I can't.

Though I don't know if my words got through him at all, I will at least apologize for mentioning his wife next time we see each other, it was indelicate of me.

I'm happy that Kyojuro is alive…but, so many things are changing.

It's the first time that I got this far, I always died trying to save him. And now, without Ether, I will lose all of my progress if I die again.

That's why I need to get stronger. It doesn't seem like I will get any information from Shinjuro, so I will have to work with I already know.

Seraphic Breathing.

It was a breathing that I made in my first life together with Yoriichi.

But…I don't think I'm the original owner of it…

Even though I 'created' it, I have no idea about its properties or origins, it only came naturally to me.

Ether probably knows something about it, but I can't contact him right now.