Chapter 53: Modern Day Life Lesson Thirty Six

A/N: I'm back~~~~ With new chaps~~~~ happy new year!!! Sorry I've been away for this long I was planning to update during thanksgiving but I caught a bad cold and had to push everything back and then there's finals and stuff and now it's winter break so got time to write at last XD btw a late happy new year to you all!!! This's gonna be another big update and thanks for waiting!!! Please enjoy!!

"A word, if you'd please, Emilia Roswaal." Iwasaki said, leaning against the wall and smiling a smile that greatly resembled Hihara Yuuto's. Emilia stared at her without a word, feeling her face making an expression that she wasn't familiar with. A few moments later, Emilia took a step forward, and Iwasaki just stood there, smiling, not making a move. Looking straight, Emilia walked past her and stopped beside her. "I see no necessity in starting a conversation with you. Excuse me." Emilia said firmly and walked off.

"How cold of you to say that, Emilia Roswaal." Iwasaki said, holding out her hands and shaking her head. "I am no longer interested in going against you, not anymore." She said, and Emilia stopped and turned around, looking at her doubtfully. "There was a reason for that, but now with the reason gone, I've lost motivation." Emilia's eyes narrowed slightly as she listened to Iwasaki talk. "Well then, it is even more pointless for us to speak to each other." Emilia said, walking off again.

"You don't understand. I am the one who you'd have to speak to in the end. After all, I know all your secrets." Iwasaki said, and the footsteps echoing in the corridor stopped. Emilia looked back at her again, this time looking even more doubtfully. "...What do you mean?" She asked, and Iwasaki smiled. "I mean what I just said. I know your secrets." Iwasaki said, walking toward Emilia. "I don't know what you're talking about." Emilia said defensively, but Iwasaki laughed.

"Oh stop lying, Emilia Roswaal. I know it ever since I saw you and your fellow sisters." Iwasaki said, closing up to Emilia. They were almost nose to nose. "Tell me, how does it feel like to be the second best? How does it feel like to be shunned aside? How does it feel like to be casted in shadow?" Iwasaki asked, her eyes widening as she spoke on. Emilia didn't back off, but her eyes became narrower. "You and I are alike, Emilia Roswaal. That's why I came to give you a push on the back." She said, and Emilia spoke.

"You and I are nothing alike." Emilia said in an icy tone that was enough to freeze the corridor in an instance, but Iwasaki smirked again. "Oh yes, we are alike, you just haven't noticed. Seeing you reminds me of how I used to be like, before I learned the sensation of taking whatever I want. You just haven't become an addict just like me." Iwasaki said, and Emilia took a step backward, glaring at her. "Then I will not become what you've become!" She said with a powerful voice.

"Ha, I thought you'd say that. So listen now, Emilia Roswaal." Iwasaki said, that horrible grin that somehow enhanced her beauty appearing on her face again. "This is what you become when you want something so badly but never get to even touch it! I am what you would become if you continue to be slothful like this!" She exclaimed, the grin widening. Emilia, her eyes now widening as well, stared at her in silence. "It is only a matter of time. I shall wait for you to join me one day when the man beside you slips away completely through your fingers. I look forward to that day, Emilia Roswaal." Iwasaki said, breathing heavily.

The two stood in the corridor in silence, staring at each other. Iwasaki had already noticed, even though Emilia appeared to stand firmly, her hands that balled into fists were shaking slightly. Whether it was because of anger or nerve, Emilia's determination, even only by a little bit, started to tremble. "...I will not become what you've become." Emilia repeated, turned around, and walked off. "Then you'd better not let go of him. I'll give you a word of advice as someone who has walked the same path, hold what you can hold tightly, because it is surprisingly fast when a person starts crumbling." Iwasaki said as she watched Emilia's swaying silver hair disappeared at the corner of the corridor.