Boredom

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters or either of the works this fanfic takes inspiration from. Credit for them goes to their respective creators.

This takes place post-Tenma war for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken) and at the beginning of the series for Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun (Mairimashita! Iruma-kun).

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Prologue

Rimuru POV

I sit in my office, staring out the window, the warm sun hitting my face. I can vaguely see the reflection of a beautiful young girl(?) in the glass, flowing silver-blue hair; large, golden eyes staring back giving an expression of boredom. My beautiful country lying before me, once just a small goblin village on the brink of annihilation, is now an absolute utopia. A gorgeous metropolis spanning as far as the eye can see, Tempest. Below I see people of many races, monsters, demi-humans, and humans, all intermingling, a bustle of activity. Despite the appearance of chaos, there is still a sense of order and serenity to it all. Tempest has reached the peak of what I believe to be perfection. With every one of my dreams all but accomplished, I, the Great Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest, sit there, pondering what to do next with my immortal existence. Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door and sense a familiar presence, snapping me out of my reverie.

"Lord Rimuru...?"

"Come in."

It's Diablo, my butler/2nd secretary who just happens to be the legendary Black Primordial demon. One of my strongest subordinates. He has a look on his face that I don't see very often; like he's nervous or apprehensive about something. His usual confident demeanor is nowhere to be seen so something must be very wrong, something he can't handle by himself.

"Is there something wrong, Diablo?" I ask, concerned about his odd expression.

"Sorry to bother you My Lord, but may I ask a favor of you?" replies Diablo, somewhat timidly.

I may have just said I was bored but the last thing I want is an emergency. Diablo can handle almost anything by himself and takes pride in that fact. If he's asking for my help, it can't be for anything short of a disaster.

"S-sure...?" I ask, a bit hesitant.

"You see, I recently was contacted by an old friend of mine. He recently acquired a new grandson and would like me to meet them. Normally I wouldn't abandon my post for such a petty thing, but he made a troublesome statement that I feel the need to address."

"An old friend? Okaaay..."

I guess I was overthinking things again. Also, what the hell does he mean by 'acquired' a grandson!? Sounds pretty sketchy, but since this is a friend of Diablo's of course he's gonna be a bit of a weirdo.

[[Master, it is likely that by 'acquired' he means adopted.]]

Yeah, let's just go with that, for my ease of mind at least. Diablo can have a strange way of putting things sometimes.