CHAPTER 32

It's been a week since we came back to Nate's territory. He fell into a coma after the surgery. The doctors don't know why he hasn't woken up. I spend every day with him in the hospital. I talk to him a lot because they said it'd help. They said if we completed the mating process before it happened, I would've been able to enter his mind and wake him. It's too bad the only thing Nate and I have done is kissed.

I hear someone entering the kitchen.

"Hello, dear?" Mom says.

"Hi, Mom."

"How's he doing?"

"He's the same."

"Don't worry, he'll wake up soon. Do you have time to spare before you go and see him?"

"Yes, is there something you want to talk about or need?"

"Yes, there is something I want to talk to you about."

"Alright, let me quickly wash this. You can wait for me in the living room. I'll join you once I'm done," I say, carrying my dirty plate to the sink to wash it.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you," she says and walks out of the kitchen.

I walk to the living room once I'm done washing the dishes.

"What do you want to talk to me about, Mom?" I say once I'm seated in the living room.

"I want to tell you about your real parents," Mom says, shocking me. Mom never hid it from me that she wasn't my biological mother. I never asked a lot about my real parents so as to not hurt her feelings. I wonder what made her suddenly want to tell me about them. "Before I tell you about them, I need to tell you about your heritage. You come from a line of Originals and Lycans."

"What!" I say, shocked.

"I know it's shocking to hear, but you're not just a hybrid. You carry the key to make any human a supernatural."

"You know I'm a hybrid," I say, shocked. I shouldn't be shocked as she just told me I'm related to the two strongest supernaturals in the world.

"Yes, I do."

"Who are my parents, and how am I a hybrid."

"Your father was the hybrid among your parents. He was also related to an Original and Lycan."

"How is that possible?"

"Hundreds of years ago, an Original vampire was mated to a Lycan. They had a child who, of course, was born a hybrid. That child carried the ability to turn any human into a vampire or werewolf. His blood could also make both supernaturals stronger. Every child born from the hybrid's bloodline carried on the gift."

"Why does the vampire king want me?"

"He wants to revive his brother."

"Is that why he kidnapped you? So, he could get me?"

"Yes."

"Is it also why you wanted me to reject my mate?"

"Yes. I was worried whichever species your mate might come from, he might hate you or take advantage of you when he finds out your real identity."

"Do you think that might happen when I tell Nate?"

I've been thinking all week if I should tell Nate or not. I want to tell him because he's my mate, but Mom is right. I don't know how he'll react when I tell him I'm half of a species he hates more than any in the world. I know Nate won't take advantage of me, but he might hate me after telling him.

"No. The Alpha King is a good person. I'm sure when you tell him you're a hybrid, he won't take advantage of you or hate you."

"You really think so?"