6

Through the past few months, Henry's believe in the curse has only grown. He's still convincing Emma... but she doesn't believe.

Scarlett has spent this time trying to piece together her own life. Something has always felt... off. She always knew her mother was manipulative, but she never knew to what extent.

But then, the day came.

Regina had a plan.

She was going to make sure that the curse could never be broke.

By giving Emma a poisoned apple.

... but Emma wasn't the one who ate the apple.

It was Henry.

And into a sleeping curse he went.

Emma rushed him to the hospital.

One call was made.

To his mother.

Regina almost dropped the phone when she heard the news. She quickly got her daughter, and they both rushed to the hospital.

They burst through the hospital doors and lay eyes on the boy in the hospital bed.

As Scarlett rushes to her brother's side, Emma shoves Regina into a supply closet. She knows.

While the two mother's work together to save their son, Scarlett stays with Henry. She never once dares to leave his side. From across the room, she sees the contents of his backpack spilled onto the bed. She sees the famous storybook. She sniffles, then picks up the book. As she sits at his bedside, she slips through the pages, trying to find a story worthy of reading to him.

Scarlett comes across a page and sees a drawing of a woman who looks remarkably like herself... kissing a man she's never seen before... but who looks awfully familiar. She reads the words of their story out loud to her little brother. As she reads, she can't help but feel a strange sense of deja vu. Like... everything she's reading has already happened to her.

The machines that surround Henry begin to beep wildly. The hospital staff escorts Scarlett out of his room. She watches from behind the glass windows. She watches as her little brother's life slips away right in front of her.

Regina and Emma are too late by the time they arrive... for their son has already passed.

Nobody can believe it. Regina and Scarlett break down. They cry into each other's arms as Emma walks up to Henry's body. Emma tries her best to hold back her tears... but can't. She looks down at his little body, and feels an immense amount of regret. She feels as if she could've done more. Emma pushes Henry's hair away from his face as she cries. She mourns the loss of her child. She bends down to place a kiss on his forehead... when something magical happens.

A wush gushes from Henry's body and spreads across the entire town of Storybrooke. 

It awakens not only the boy... but everyone in Storybrooke, as well.

The curse has been broken.

The Savior broke the curse.

As Henry gasps awake from his coma, everyone else feels as if they've awakened from a coma, as well.

While it's a joyous moment that Henry's alive... not everyone feels so happy.

Scarlett stands there in the hospital, tears streaming down her face as she remembers. She remembers everything that was taken from her. Everything that was suppressed. She remembers her one true love, and how he was ripped away from her... by her own mother.

Scarlett tilts her head as she glares over at her mother.

" You did this," Scarlett whispers.

Regina stares in disbelief... she doesn't believe that her curse has been broken.

" You trapped me here... you took me away from him... for almost 30 years?"

As Scarlett speaks, her voice cracks.

Regina tries to come up with a reason. Something, anything, just so her daughter will listen. But Scarlett won't have any of it. 

Scarlett storms out of the hospital and back to her home. She walks up to her room, where her dog lays on her bed. And in that moment, Scarlett loses it. She breaks down and sobs. Her cries echo through the house as Hook tries to comfort her.

Now it all makes sense. Why something felt off. After all this time.

Thunder rumbles through the town.

Scarlett looks out her window, and through her tear stained eyes, she sees a plume of purple smoke making it's way through the town. She can't help but smile... knowing all too well who's behind this.

But one thing is for certain... magic is coming to Storybrooke.