Chapter Twenty-Five

Genevieve

Last night, we all got to the castle and fell asleep. I set up a guest room for Jacobs, so he crashed here. I woke up to the sound of my little brother.

"Eve!" he screeched.

I shushed him. "I'm trying to sleep."

Matthew jumped on my bed and shook me. "But when the sun is out, we are supposed to be awake. And the sun is out right now," he said in a whiny voice.

"Go away," I grumbled and pulled the blanket over my head. I felt him jump off the bed, then the door closed. I buried my face deeper into my pillow as the door opened again.

"Really Eve?" Asher snapped.

I threw my pillow towards the sound of his voice. "Go away!" I shouted.

"You have to apologize to Matthew when you decide to get off your lazy ass!" Asher demanded before walking out and slamming the door behind him.

I groaned and closed my eyes again.

*****

I looked around the forest that surrounded me. I spotted movement in the bushes, so I went in that direction. I came to a clearing. There were two people standing before me, holding hands.

"Mom? Dad?" I asked. They slowly turned around and smiled at me. I ran to them and wrapped my arms around their waists.

"How? I thought you guys were..." I trailed off.

Mom frowned and nodded her head. "We are dead, sweet-pea," she said softly.

"How can I see you? Am I dead? Did I die?" I asked frantically.

Dad shook his head. "You aren't dead, Genevieve. You're just dreaming. The Moon Goddess let us see you. But we have to go now."

I shook my head. "Please don't go," I begged. "I need you guys. Please stay here, or take me with you."

"You can't go with them, Genevieve," a girl said from behind me.

I turned around to face her. She looked my age, give or take a couple of years. She had long blonde hair that was glowing. It made her baby blue eyes stand out. She had a long white dress that was flowing with the wind. She was stunning.

"Genevieve," my father said. "This is Seleta, your guardian angel."

"I have a guardian angel?" I questioned.

Mom nodded. "I had one too. Every Queen before us did."

Dad sighed. "We have to go," he said. Mom nodded and they held hands again. "We love you," Dad whispered.

"No!" I shouted as they started floating and fading in the air. "Bring them back," I begged Seleta. "Take me to them."

Seleta shook her head. "You have to go back home."

"I don't want to. I want to stay here with my parents."

"The only way to be with them is if you die," Seleta said. "And its not your time yet."

Tears started to stream down my face. "But it was their time to die?" I asked. "When I needed my parents the most, they died."

"I know, Genevieve. I've seen everything. You can't go with them. You have to go home. You have to turn on your emotions. You have to rule the werewolves," she declared.

"I don't have to do any of that," I argued.

Seleta sighed. "Yes you do. It is your destiny. I can guide you on the right path."