Thirty-Eight

« 38–'CEREAL' KILLER »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~"Is that a third nipple?"

~~~•~~~
"Is that a third nipple?"

Alec scrunched his face at the question, looking down at his chest before back up at the girl laying on him, "No, what-? That's a Rice Krispie."

He flicked the piece of cereal off his bare chest and glared up into Talia's playful turquoise eyes, "Stop eating cereal on my bed."

"You can't make me," Talia plopped her chin onto his hard stomach, trying her best not to be completely overwhelmed by his abs being so close to her face but a sleepy smile overcame her lips.

Alec's sheets wrapped around the two of them as he lay on his back, an arm raised behind his head so he could look down at the blonde who lay with her full body weight on top of him.

The past few days had been a hectic mess for Talia. Between Imogen's constant praise for her and Jace, the Downworlders lining up out of the door wishing to see her to send her thanks for saving them, their relative or comrade during the battle with Valentine, regular demon events and Izzy taking every opportunity to swipe one of Alec's legs from under him so he lands on one knee in front of Talia - the pair had essentially no time to just sit down.

By the time it had turned to a week, Alec had lost patience. He stormed into the main hall where Talia had been discussing recent developments, still confused by her lack of magic and heightened senses. Alec stormed into the room, practically tackling the smaller girl away from a bewildered Clary and hauled her over his shoulder to take the blonde with him.

Talia had never been so surprised by his actions as she was in that moment. Her eyes were wide as he continued to carry her without a word. She made eye contact with Brady and Cara, Shadowhunters she had considered friends since they saw her land face first onto the main hallway after missing the last step.

Cara pulled her bottom lip into her mouth as she tried to hide a laugh, covering her amusement with two thumbs up, whilst Brady had whistled loudly and waved happily at Talia's retreating figure.

For Talia, finding friends within the Institute who still accepted her after learning of her abilities, of her being experimented on, was something she would always treasure.

Alec's breath fanned around Talia as he blew air into her face, bringing her attention back to his bright blue eyes. He twirled a strand of her hair around his finger, watching the slight wave pattern twist around his index.

"What are you thinking about?"

His eyes were gentle as he regarded her, as they usually are. Talia always found that Alec looked at her as if she held the world's most expensive diamond in her eyes. Except, she knew better than to think he would ever regard something of material value so highly.