Raaina - Warrior's Mates

Reviewer: 08_Umm_Waraqah

Review: Warrior's Mates

Client: Curiouswords27

🌻

COVER/TITLE: 2/5

Your cover is too dark, that was one of the thoughts that popped in my mind when I took a good look at it. Dark is good. Dark is great. But when a cover doesn't have much going for it except black spaces, dark images, blah blah, then you have a problem. Because it then falls on the unattractive side, and someone like me would scroll past your book based on the cover alone. I also do not think that the cover fits that well with the title and genre, like I said, there's not much going on in the cover. Now, I really wish I had a suggestion as to how to fix this cover, but I'm not good at aesthetics and all that, so my best suggestion would be to request a better cover from a professional graphic designer (there are loads of them on Wattpad, and some of them would give you a great cover without collecting more than a follow or credits as payment.) I see you've garnered a lot of reads already, but I promise you, with a better cover, you can get even more.

I think your title may be on the generic side, though it gives me werewolf vibes (because of the mate thingy I think). The title would be work really well with a better and more alluring cover, however. As covers and titles work hand in hand. You may have a gripping title that'll fall short due to a bland cover. And you may have a bland title that'll become captivating due to a hooking cover. The former might just be your problem. So work on your cover, and your title may shine.

BLURB: 4/5

Okay, so your blurb is nice, has all the bits and pieces that makes a good blurb, doesn't have glaring grammatical errors, but could be restructured better. I'm not a blurb expert, but I know the first line of your blurb should be as hooking as the opening line of a first chapter. Wait, what am I saying, it should be more gripping, because I'll need to get past the blurb to reach the first chapter, right. And if this first line I'm talking about falls flat, or has the same info has ninety percent of books on Wattpad, I may just scroll past your book. So I'll try to restructure this blurb, and I hope to God I won't be spoiling it in the process.

All Jia Davis ever wanted was endless love from her mate, and to be a good fighter for her pack and family. She got it, but it was short-lived. Thrown into a pit of darkness and emptiness by her loss, Jia was not ready to accept what fate had in store for her. Will she survive and come out of it? Will she ever find happiness?

Now, I cut away the ordinary eighteen year old girl part. Because almost every female protagonist on Wattpad is ordinary and eighteen. One glimpse of that in your blurb, and potential readers may roll their eyes, think, yeah, another ordinary character, and walk away.

Now, it's standard practice to wrote a blurb in present tense as it's claimed that that gives off a sense of urgency. So, here we go:

All Jia Davis wants is endless love from her mate, and to be a good fighter for her pack and family. She gets it, but it's short-lived. Thrown into a pit of darkness and emptiness by her loss, Jia isn't ready to accept what fate has in store for her. Will she survive, crawl out of the bottomless abyss she's holed in, and find happiness? Or will she succumb and allow herself be swept away by sorrow?

Okay, I probably overdid this version, but I added all I added to make the blurb more exciting. You're welcome to use my fixed version of you like, and you're welcome to switch it up to fit your style and tone if you want.