Part-7

Ap baray ho kar kia banna chahti hain?

(What do you want to be when you grow up?)

Hira stared at the page in front of her with a pencil in her mouth. She had some random questions given to her by her teacher about herself and she was writing the answers.

"Mjhy painting pasand hai. Main artist banna chahti hu"

<The paper's in urdu. Most of you don't understand it so I am typing it roman, she isn't typing roman.>

(I like painting. I want to be an artist.)

Apko konse janwar pasand hain? Kia apke pass koi Janwar ya parinda hai?

(What kind of animals do you like? Do you have any animals or birds?)

"Mujhay billian pasand hain. Mery pass ek billi hai aur uske bachy hone wale hain."

(I like cats. I have one cat and she's going to have kids.)

Hira put her pencil back in the case and closed her notebook. Enough study for today. She put the study materials aside and took her art book out, along with colour pencils and other art materials. It was time to draw and paint. She liked to draw random things as well as her thoughts and imaginations. She traced the pencil over the paper and drew something. It was a car. She took red paint and coloured the car red, which didn't turn out too pretty but she liked it. She placed the paper on the side to let it dry. It was around 4 pm in the evening. It was time to go feed Sasha. She went to the kitchen and took the milk out. She put it in a cup to warm it a little so it's not too cold and then went to the backyard to see if Sasha was there because she hadn't seen her in some time. Sasha came out from behind the plants where she was sleeping. Hira poured the milk into the bowl that was there and patted Sasha's head.

"Sasha tumhara baby kab ayega? Is baar usse hum apne sath rkhengy." She bent ahead and kissed her head. Coco was too excited about the kittens.

(Sasha when will your baby come? We'll keep it with us this time.)

"Tum mujhy moo ni lagati but dekho main tumse kitna pyar krti hu."

(You don't talk to me but see how much I love you.)

She scrunched her nose as there was no response from Sasha. Coco waited for a few minutes so Sasha could have milk and then picked her up.

"Ab tum mery sath room me chalogi, pata nahi kaha kaha phirti rehti ho." She cuddled Sasha in her arms and went inside towards her room. (ep 7)

(Now you'll stay with me in my room, don't know where you keep roaming.)

---------------------------------------------------

"Chachi me apni friend ki taraf jarahi hun, kuch lana toh nhi?"
[Chachi is the wife of father's younger brother]
(Chachi I am going to my friend's house. Do you want me to bring something?)

Raima had decided to go to her friend's house for some help in assignment.
"Beta wo jo biryani banayi thi, wo Shazia aunty ki taraf bhi de dena. Mera salam dua bhi dedena."
(Dear Give my salam and some biryani I cooked to Shazia Aunty)

Raima nodded and went towards the kitchen.
"Raima api mjhy bhi jana hai."
(Raima api I wanna go too)
Mariam saw her leaving and whined.
"Acha ajao."
(Ok come. )

It was 7 p.m. when her assignment completed, and she was now thinking whether she should go or no. She decided to call her before going. But her house was on the way to her home, so she decided to call after stopping outside the gate. She stopped her car outside her house and dialled her number.