Chapter 1 - MD Realtors

After receiving that phone call, Jason, the CEO's secretary, hurried towards his boss. The person on the other end of the line was Janaki, his boss's beloved mother. That has been the routine in recent times. Janaki needs to speak with his secretary to speak with Mugil Karthikeyan, her only son, who has not returned her calls. Jason was sweating since he was fully aware of the consequences of such a call. After the demise of Karthikeyan, Mugil's father, his mother is urging him to marry and start a family. However, he's not in the mood to think any of this.
MD International Realty, Mugil's company, is one of the best-known in the UK. His company is in Forbes' top ten, and he is the "Best Businessman of the Year." But, his personal life has turned gloomy because of his previous mistakes. Mugil's universe revolved around Satyadev, India's famed Billionaire, for a time. Mugil and Dev used to be inseparable, but the past tragedies have turned them into strangers. Mugil had devolved into an emotionless, uncaring person.
Reluctantly Jason handed over the mobile phone to Mugil, who was busy working on his laptop.
" Sir, your mother is in the line," he said.
With an accusing look, Mugil attended the call.
"Yes, Ma. How are you?"
"Mugil, what's going on with you? You've changed since you settled in the United Kingdom." She expressed her discontent.
" It has been a long time, Mugil. When are you visiting me?" she added.
"I am a bit busy, Ma. Why can't you understand?" Mugil said without any emotions.
Janaki missed his talkative Mugil.
"You became like this after you shifted to the UK", she complained.
"Last Pongal only, I visited you." Mugil stopped in between, and his memories drifted into a different world, where he was the only person. The words of Janaki didn't reach his ears.
Mugil has been visiting India at the time of Pongal in the past few years. His main reason for the visit is to pay tribute to his beloved aunt Sarada's graveyard, who died at the time of Pongal festival. She is the late mother of his ex-friend Satyadev. His chain of thoughts was disturbed by Janaki's loud voice.
"Mugil, are you in the line?"
"Yes, Ma. I am coming to visit you for this Pongal too." He expressed it plainly.
"Okay, then my problem is solved. I want you to meet someone here." She stated it as though she was concealing something.
"Please, Ma, don't put me on any blind dates; I beg you." He exclaimed angrily.
"If this is the reason for your invitation, I will not come to see you." He insisted.
Janaki had enough of his evasive responses. Whenever she finds a suitable bride for her son, he rejects her without even giving her a second glance. For a few years, this had been the routine. Even though she had no idea why Mugil came every year during the Pongal festival, she assumed he would come this year as well and made plans to arrange his marriage nonetheless. Despite Mugil's reluctance to tell his mother about his rivalry with Satyadev, Janaki suspected Mugil and Satyadev were no longer friends. Mugil used to spend all of his time with Dev and talk about Dev and his wife Anu with his mother. Janaki knew something was wrong between the two friends, but she didn't want to put Mugil on edge by hammering him with questions.
Mugil, on the other hand, was taken aback by Janaki's sudden request.
"Ok, if you have someone in mind and avoiding my proposals because of her, then introduce that girl to me so that I can help you to fix your marriage with her." She specifically asked.
Is he in a relationship? He has no idea about what is the answer to that question. Riya is the only woman with whom he has any feelings. But before he even realized what was going on, things changed, and he left India. When his mother inquired him whether someone was in his mind, a plethora of memories flashed that felt like a wonderful dream. He didn't want to jeopardize that Utopian world by replying to his mother's questions.   He ended the call by saying, "I'll meet you during Pongal."
Janaki, who got accustomed to his cold behaviour, didn't took it seriously. She did, however, miss his cheerful Mugil. These days, all he does is business. What is the best way for him to extend his kingdom? What is the best way to make money? If a person has some goals in mind or needs to distract his attention, he will work hard. Mugil belongs to the second category. He began to despise himself for his previous stupid actions and poured his rage into his business. He went to work like a raging bull, unsure of where he was going. Every time he set a new goal, he felt satisfied with his small victories.
Mugil told his secretary to book his flight to India after the phone call.
Mugil's secretary Jason politely questioned, "Sir, when do I have to book the return journey?"
"We can book it later; I'll inform you. Now, just book the onward journey." Mugil confirmed.
Every year Mugil used to stay two weeks in India at the time of Pongal. But this time, he decided to settle some issues which pester his heart for a long time, some old memories, some unspoken words which deprived him of his peace. Mugil informed Jason and drove his car to Blackpool beach. For the past few years, this place was his only solace. Whenever he sees the waves, it feels like it is approaching him and talking to him. He walks along the seafront's miles of sand, repenting of his deeds. The vast expanse of sand helps to calm his racing thoughts. He is not like this before, but his remorse is completely changing his persona.

*************************
A/N

I wanted to start this sequel a month before, but I was busy travelling. Thanks a lot for reading my book, "You Are My Sunshine." I thank every one of you🙏🙏🙏. I hope I won't disappoint you guys this time also. I'll try to update every Saturday. But I can't promise with my tight schedule. If you feel you can't wait, please read once completed. (Bcoz I'm such a person. 😜 I only read completed stories.). Please do vote, comment, and share your views.

Imagine whoever you wish as characters. Also, if anyone is interested in making a cover, let me know. But, no celebrities, please.
Luv,
Vishali❤