THIRTY

THIRTY
LILAH

"I'm sorry." I whimper as I calm down from my panic attack. "I'm really sorry."

Ollie and I left the restaurant as soon as I began to panic. He drove me home and now I'm sat on the edge of the bed with Ollie crouched in front of me, a look of concern etched onto his beautiful features.

I've been scared for a long time, worried that Dale's parent's could kill me at any point.

I've had to endure those animals for years. So hearing that they've gone missing, has put me on edge.

"I'm sorry." I nibble on my bottom lip and Ollie releases a gentle sigh.

"Baby, stop apologising. You don't need to apologise okay." I inhale a shaky breath before nodding my head. "Are you okay, beautiful?" Ollie questions, gently placing his hands on my arms. 

"I'm just a little shaken up that's all." I admit nodding my head and he leans down to kiss me on the forehead.

"You know I'd never let anyone hurt you, right?" Ollie tells me and I nod my head. "Dale's parent's won't ever get the chance to lay a hand on you. I promise"

"Ollie you can't make those kind of promises." I sigh gently and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Yes I can." He grumbles and I laugh lightly, sniffling.

There's a small pout on his face as he continues to crouch down in front of me. I reach up and lightly skim the pad of my thumb over his smooth skin.

"I know you want to, Ollie, but we have to prepare for the worst." I sniffle and grab a tissue, wiping away the rest of my tears. "Stop pouting." I giggle and he can't help but smile before standing up.

He takes a seat next to me and grabs hold of my hand, interlacing our fingers together.

"There's so much shit going on." He begins to speak, rubbing his thumb up and down the skin of my hand.

"I know."

"I love you, Lilah."

"And I love you, Ollie."

•••

Two weeks later

I bite my nails anxiously.

With everything going on, I've only just realised that my period is three weeks late!

My period is never late.

I stare at all of the different pregnancy tests in the supermarket with furrowed eyebrows. Why are there so many?!

"Clear blue," I jump in shock and look up at whoever startled the fuck out of me, however, my whole body freezes at who is in front of me.

I take a step back.

Hannah.

Who looks awfully ill. Her skin is pale and her cheeks are sunken in — she looks about ready to pass out.

"You've got some fucking nerve." I snarl at her and she bites her lip and looks down at the ground. "Are you so blind to see what a horrible person you are? You've taken Greyson away from his father! That poor little boy was trying to run away from you!" I whisper harshly and roll my eyes when I hear her begin to sniffle.

"C-Can we speak somewhere privately please?" She asks and my jaw clenches. "Please, it's about Greyson."

Now I find myself sitting in a small café with Hannah sat in front of me and my pregnancy test tucked away in my bag. I glare at the blonde woman who sits across the table, feeling angry at the way she's treated my Ollie and little Greyson.