4

taehyung smiled at the girl sitting in front of him, as she lightly went through the menu. He admired her profile as her beady eyes meanwhile scanned the book in her hand. it put an effortless smile on his face.

what he wasn't aware of, is that the same action was reciprocated by the female when he was busy with something else. jisoo was very sly in that aspect, she wasn't caught gawking at his basically-perfect visuals even once.

she wore a skylike-blue buttoned blouse with a black skirt and a black headband to match. he donned baggy faded jeans with a black tee and a denim jacket. in their simplicity, they still looked like a perfect couple, walking together on the street. the streets paled out in comparison to them.

previously, they had visited the sports centre 5 miles away for a game of badminton, since the sunny weather seemed perfect for it. they were thoroughly drained after the match, jisoo won. but, since she got away a few times with the reason that his shots were too high up for her height, the actual victor of the match remained uncertain.

after they decided on a light brunch of hash browns, pancakes and fondue, they started chattering over food endlessly. stuff to talk about never seemed to end somehow, an instant bond clicked between them. a few casual, flirty compliments were thrown around in conversation, and it made them feel giddy all over.

at the end, he forgets his wallet and jisoo without any problem pays for the meal. "it's not even much anyway.", she reassures when he whines about his carelessness for the sixth time around. they later go on to have ice-lollies from a cart, staining their lips a bold red and then laughing about it childishly.

but they're in the midst of their meal at the moment, how does he know this?

also, he still couldn't remember her name. taehyung didn't understand himself how he doesn't know the name of someone he spent time with so often.

in the middle of his confounded thoughts, he glanced at her. to his shock again,

she was gone.

-sid.

291 words

010222