5

after a week or so, the two adults were together again, on the way to the carnival set up nearby. taehyung wore a white t-shirt with black stripes, paired with light blue jeans. jisoo donned a flannel shirt, with a white t-shirt under and dark blue baggy jeans. she knew a dress would be more suitable for such occasions, but growing up with a brother caused her fashion to be largely boyish.

the male ended up buying the tickets, justifying that jisoo had paid for the meal last time when she protested. they joined the crowd, and jisoo turned a little tense. she wasn't claustrophobic, but she did not like crowds either. she entwined her hand with taehyung's, swinging it to feel at ease.

they first had a shot at dunking for apples. taehyung managed to catch only one at the end, which too was nullified by the game-owner as it fell down the next instant. to dry of the water on their clothes, taehyung and jisoo at down in corner on the grass, under the sun. and jisoo didn't let the other get up till he was fully dried. taehyung frowned: fifteen minutes wasted.

as a first snack, they bought candy apples and munched on them as they made their way towards the ferris wheel at the end of the fair. with every bite, the female's lips kept getting coated with the glossy red syrup and she kept licking them clean. that made it very hard for taehyung to concentrate on anything else. he heaved a sigh of relief when she was done eating.

they next went for a ride on the ferris wheel which basically became a photo session for both. the scenic view from the cabin windows made the perfect aesthetic for clicking one's pictures. jisoo here had trouble focusing on the camera when the person holding it was so distracting.

after that, jisoo excitedly reached an ice-cream stall was similar to the turkish ice- cream maker. she ordered caramel scoop and the server had the time of his life teasing her, not letting her having it even once. meanwhile, the female was losing patience with every passing second and taehyung held his laughter at his expression.

when he once again lifted the scoop off the cone, jisoo took the cone only and walked away a few steps, "never mind.", she said as she was about to bite the empty cone. taehyung held her hand to stop her. everyone around laughed and she gulped down her annoyance and laughed it off as well.

"here's your serve m'lady. an extra scoop for an extra pretty lady.", he smiled as jisoo's eyes twinkled at the dessert in her hands. she realised that she did not have free cash when she was about to pay. so she gave the extra money as well. and the man kept refusing, adding his sweet words in between. and in the end jisoo managed to convince him to keep the rest bucks.

taehyung during the whole fiasco kept tapping his foot impatiently, irritated from when he started his sweet talk. he presumably used it on everyone, but still it kept bothering him. he made it a point to always cut off the man's view whenever jisoo walked past the same place.

at the end, they bought fried ice cream as they made their way out of the fair. taehyung was invested in taking pictures of the food that his ice cream ended up melting and falling off in the evening heat. he whined until jisoo gave him him, she had already eaten ice cream earlier and was not very eager. and then taehyung felt guilty.

near the apartment entrance, taehyung had a sly expression on his face as he spoke, "i didn't want to ask for your ice cream 'cuz i was going to demand something else, you know."

"and what is that?", jisoo raised an eyebrow, catching his tone. taehyung pursed his lips and tapped his cheek playfully. jisoo chuckled and blushed a little before pecking his cheek lightly and smiling widely.

taehyung remembers that he speedily waved her a goodbye and reached home just in time to admire the red tint that remained on his cheeks.

but he's not yet home, how is that then?

taehyung was not as surprised when he turned and found that,

she was gone.

713 words

090322