001. the donut incident

╔ ——————————————— ╗。・:*:・゚CHAPTER ONE 。・:*:・゚"the donut incident"╚ ——————————————— ╝

╔ ——————————————— ╗
。・:*:・゚CHAPTER ONE 。・:*:・゚
"the donut incident"
╚ ——————————————— ╝

THE FIRST TIME GRAYSON MORENO ever saw Peter Parker, he was getting punched in the face by an alien. 

 And oddly enough, that wasn't even the weirdest part of his day. 

It all started when he got a call from Tony Stark. Gray had been slumped over a table in a nearbye coffee shop right in the middle of New York, half asleep. He had been used to the quiet atmosphere of the upstate Avenger's compound, so when his mentor woke him up at six in the morning and dragged him onto a plane to the city, he was incredibly pissed off. Why? Because he hadn't slept all the previous night due to a rather extensive training session involving getting dodgeballs thrown at his face. 

 He thought that maybe he would be able to catch a bit of a break. He had started living with the Avenger's when he was eleven years old. In a way, being surrounded by violence and incessant arguing between fully grown adults was reassuring to the boy. He had been taken from his real home when he was an infant, and grew up in an underground lab who had been performing experiments on children to try and genetically modify their brain functions. He had been saved, eventually, but not nearly fast enough to cease the ever-growing power that coursed through his veins. 

 At first glance, Gray wasn't anything special. He was naturally indimidating, sure, with dark eyes and a face that seemed to rest permanantly in a scowl. Especially in situations like his current one, with his hair falling into his eyes and his face buried into the crook of his arms. He seemed like the kind of boy who was made from a dangerous mixture of fire and gasoline, a simple explosion waiting for something to trigger it. 

 Still, to the naked eye; he was normal. He was just a regular boy who didn't get enough sleep and wanted to drown his problems in black coffee. But if you double-crossed the mundane, you would be able to see that the blood running through his veins was anything but normal. He could cause fissures to erupt deep in the earth at any given time, a simple wave of his hand and objects would bend at his will. 

Telekinesis really wasn't all that it was cut out to be. For Grayson, it meant that he had even more pressure on his shoulders to become a great Avenger. He was always compared to Scarlet Witch, a woman who he knew could kick his ass in one sitting. 

 And now, he was very tired. And he didn't even get to drink his coffee before his phone vibrated under his hand. 

 He brought it to his ears, rubbing his eyes, as he questioned in a raspy voice; "what?" 

 "Hey, kid." Tony Stark's familiar voice came back to him, followed by a whole lot of commotion that crackled over the line. "Where are you?" 

"I'm at this cafe," Grayson squinted to try and read the name that was written in chalk across a black board, but the words were too small. "Uh, I have no clue what it's called, but their coffee tastes like ass, we should sue them."