x i n g q i u [school au]

"y/n! just do it, i promise it'll be okay!" my best friend, hu tao, smiled. she was quietly humming but still helping.
i held my note in my fingertips quietly. i had prepared a note to give to xingqiu, explaining my feelings for him. though... it was too difficult to build up the courage to speak to him.

"but... what if-"

"no, no! only think of the positive outcomes, y/n. trust me on this, it'll be okay!" hu tao exclaimed, giving me a big hug. i nodded and slowly stood up, glancing around the classroom to see if xingqiu was there - and he was. i took a deep breath and headed towards him.

"y/n! hu tao! hello!" xingqiu smiled brightly as he looked up from his book. i felt my face heat up a little.

hu tao nudged my back, signaling me to  do it. i shut my eyes for a second.
"u-uh, xingqiu... this is for you." i started, placing the note on his desk. he seemed intrigued as it had writing on it.
"i need to go now, but you can read it whenever! no rush." i smiled nervously and left the classroom, leaving xingqiu a bit confused. he took the note and opened the envelope.

"xingqiu... i know we've become better friends than we have been. i feel like i owe it to myself to get this out! ...i do have feelings for you.. though i am too nervous to actually tell you this. and by this, i'm not asking you to return these feelings, or to be anything more than you have been to me... i do understand if things aren't the same between us after you've read this cause these confessions can be quite difficult to get past - but... i have to get it off of my chest. i love you."

xingqiu's eyes widened.
'how... could i have been so blind?'
he thought to himself, quickly packing up his books and items.

"hu tao, do you think he'll accept my feelings?" i asked her as we were walking back home.
"i feel like there's a high chance! you're an amazing person, ehe!~" hu tao giggled and put her arm over my shoulder.

"y/n! wait!" we turned around to see xingqiu running towards us. my face went pink, though hu tao smirked. she knew what he was thinking.
"is everything okay?" chuckling awkwardly i let xingqiu catch his breath.
"i'm really sorry for not recognizing it sooner... i love you, y/n! a lot!" xingqiu grinned happily and threw his arms around me. i was too shocked to say anything, but wrapped my arms around his back.

xingqiu soon pulled his arms away and lightly gave me a peck on the cheek.

"aha! new couple, my ship sets sail!~" hu tao laughed as the three of us continued to walk. "come over to mine for tea!"