77

I did not remember there being this much ivy on the wall. Wither way, it was the best leverage for us to climb up the wall without struggle.

The point where we were at was a blindspot from all the cameras. I pulled myself over the top and sat up, y legs on either side of the wall as I looked down at Vittore who wasn't that far behind.

"We should go rock climbing," I randomly suggested, pulling my leg on the other side and reaching with my toe to get to the tree branch in front of me.

"I'll add it to the list of dates we have to go on," he grunted as I managed to cross to the tree and run along the branch just to hug the trunk for safety.

"Add going to the beach and maybe paintball or lazer tag," I said slowly rounding the tree trunk and walking across a large branch.

"We'll do it all. After."

"Definitely," I mumbled with a nod of my head, seeing my old window in my sights. I jumped, my feet landing on the wide ledge. I breathed deeply, looking down at the ground below.

Damn. That would be a bad fall. I squatted down and pulled a knife from my boot, placing the blade under the small gap in the window and using it to push the lock open. I slid the window upwards and tumbled into my room.

I pulled a flashlight from my pocket and turned it on.

I flashed the beam all around the room, just as Vittore landed behind me.

"Empty," I said sadly. "Like I never even existed."

Nothing of mine was there and the walls weren't even lilac and grey anymore. they were now painted a light beige, a colour I knew my mother liked. All my posters, wall stickers and belongings were gone.

Vittore grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. I was digging my feet in, wanting to stay just a while longer.

"Tesoro we have to go ok," Vittore said, turning me to him so I looked in his worried dark eyes instead of my room.

"They removed everything. Like I don't even matter-"

"You do matter!" Vittore suddenly snapped. "You matter to me more than you would know. These people might have been your family once upon a time but they aren't anymore. You have me, you have my mamma too even if she's not here with us."

I looked down, my heart squeezing in my chest. "Remember when you told me the world doesn't deserve me amore?" Vittore whispered, hooking a finger under my chin to turn my head so our eyes met. "I didn't believe you, not one bit and you may not believe me either but these people didn't deserve you. Not in the slightest."

"You're right," I said after a beat of silence. "I'm way too awesome for these shit bags."

I smiled. I really did because even as my heart ached in my chest, I knew Vittore would stick with me.

I love you.

"Exactly now let's go sì?"

"Sì."

I opened my room door, not even surprised it wasn't locked and looked down the two dark hallways. My siblings rooms were right there but since they didn't live here anymore, the place was pitch black.

I led Vittore through the mansion, nostalgia hitting me like a truck with every rooms we passed or every painting I knew was there. I wasn't surprised when my father's study was empty.

Vittore entered and sat at my father's desk while I turned my flashlight back on and browsed through the books, thinking I would be able to find something.