~7~

~ONE WEEK LATER~

"Thank you so much for your hospitality and kindness," you shook Beidou's hand. “I will always be grateful for your help and will never forget what you did for me.¨

Shifting your two bags over your shoulder to make it more comfortable for yourself, you waved to the rest of the crew who looked sad with your leaving. Though you were pretty sure the reason for that was because they would miss the food that you cooked. Even if that may be the reason they would miss you - no matter how shallow - you would still miss them with all your heart. They were like a new family after eons of loneliness.

“Good bye,” Yashiro walked up to you shyly and gave you an awkward hug that you warmly returned. “I-it was fun.”

“It was,” you grinned. “I’ll never forget these wonderful moments.”

Walking down the dock, you looked forward and you let out a breath before bolstering your will. You would do this. You would travel Teyvat once again and look for a way to end this curse. Again and again, no matter what, you would continue with this goal and it was all thanks to Kazuha’s consoling to you.

“Y/n,” you heard a calm and friendly voice call out from behind you. “Wait for me. I’m going to come with you.”

Immediately turning your head towards the voice, you looked at the person who had given you the strength to continue on with your quest. Shocked by the sudden appearance of Kazuha, you didn’t know what to say. The only thing that rang through your mind was the question of why he was right there behind you.

“Let’s go,” Kazuha took one of the bags you were carrying and hooked it over his own shoulder.

With those words that he had said, your heart started to feel warm with joy once again. ‘Let’s go.’ Words that you knew only came when someone was willing to stay by your side in the thicks and thins of life.

"Why…" you questioned Kazuha.

"My mind is like the wind," Kazuha replied with his usual comforting smile. "And it seems to be blowing towards you. I want to help you attain your goal and reach for your dream."

“Why are you always so willing to help me?” You looked at him, thinking back at the time when he had let you use his legs as a pillow and when he had let you cry on his shoulder. “You consoled me, you gave me advice, you comforted me, and you also helped me regain a reason for my life.”

“You reminded me of myself,” Kazuha answered you with a pitying smile. “I was helped once to get over it and now I was to do the same thing for you.”

“Thank you,” your voice shook. “Thank you.”

Walking side by side with Kazuha, the both of you talked about the plan and the goal that you had in mind before somehow getting sidetracked into talking about another topic. The sun still up in the sky and a breeze blowing your hair, you smiled to which Kazuha returned.

~~~~~

“Watch out,” Kazuha jabbed out his sword as he pushed you to the side. 

Slashing at a hilichurl, he jumped up using his anemo ability before immediately diving back down to create a mini tornado to suck in the rest of the surrounding hilichurls. Holding out his blade with confidence, he took a step forward and in a quick succession of slashes - nearly too quick to follow - he killed all of the hilichurls before sheathing his sword with a sigh.

“Incredible,” you clapped your hands together in awe. “I wasn’t able to properly see you in action when we fought the sea serpent but you are amazing.”

“Thank you,” Kazuha muttered, his ears red in embarrassment from your compliment.

He picked up the bag that he had dropped on the ground in the heat of battle and shouldered it once more before motioning for you to continue walking.

“So where are we going exactly,” Kazuha asked you. “We’re in Liyue but where are we heading?”

“To meet an old friend,” you gave a mysterious reply which Kazuha surprisingly just accepted.

The two of you continued on your way, following the dirt path that was laid out before you. The sun still up in the sky lighting your way, you and Kazuha walked, a soothing blow of breezes blowing past you.

“Where did you learn your sword skills?” you asked after a while.

Hearing that question, Kazuha’s eyes glazed over as he was alone in his thoughts. The question that you had asked him had brought him back to his painful past when his friend had died fighting the Raiden Shogun, also known as Baal. One of the only people who were willing to challenge the Shogun herself, his friend had challenged her and lost his life. After that, Kazuha had cowardly run away with the fading vision of his friend and now here he was.

It was a painful experience especially since to Kazuha, he was like his only family. A big brother that he could look up to in everything. He had taught him how to fight, cook, play a leaf, and was simply there for him.

One of his biggest regrets wasn’t being there to fight by his side. He should have stood by his friend and brought out his sword. Yet he didn’t because he feared the consequences of going against the power of the Raiden Shogun and her forces. 

“My friend,” Kazuha replied to you downheartedly. “He was the one I had told you about before.”

“Oh,” you didn’t know how to reply to that, especially after how crestfallen Kazuha had looked. “I’m sorry.”

You very well understood the reason behind the loss of spirit. Talking about the loss of the person most important to you was without a doubt one of the most painful things that exist no matter how much time passes. After all, when talking about them, you will always be reminded of the fact that they aren’t there with you anymore.

“Look,” Kazuha pointed to a firefly. “We used to always watch fireflies fly around at night.”

Smiling to him, you looked at the firefly that was fluttering around, “Wherever he is now, I’m sure he’s watching that firefly too. And not only that firefly, he is also watching you.”