Epilogue 1

Vittore's POV

I stood up from my desk and thew my coat over my shoulders. I adjusted my cuffs and packed up my computer and a bunch of papers in a laptop bag. I put the bag over my shoulders and walked out of my study. I walked through the halls of my new mansion, making my way out, passing different paintings and decorations.

I quickly descended the set of stone steps on the outside and walked to my car, opening the doors with a press of a button. I slid in and placed the bag on the passenger seat before starting up the engine and pulling out of the driveway.

The guards opened the large iron gates for me and I peeled into the main road. I took the familiar routes and turns to the only place I willingly visited these days. The sky was dark as snow softly fell from the sky. It was Christmas Eve, a day of festivities for most. The shops besides the roads were all decorated perfectly with lights and of course there was the large Christmas tree in Las Pavita central square.

I passed it on my way and I couldn't help but be excited with today's plans. I parked at the hospital and got out, walking through the cold outside to the pain doors with my laptop bag in hand.

I found my way to Dalia's room and opened the door. She slept soundly on the bed on her side, the covers pulled up to her chin. She looked much healthier than ever and I couldn't be anymore happier.

I took my usual seat and pulled out my laptop and begun my work. Minutes turned into hours as I tried to catch up with everything. With Alexa gone, things had been rocky because she pulled her people out of my mafia and there had been Antonio's will. Since Dalia was his kin, she inherited everything of his and that went to our mafia and things were looking up.

"Are you just going to work the whole time you're here?"

I looked up at Dalia, her beautiful brown eyes were fixed on me and her eyebrow was raised. I smiled lightly at her and leaned forward to kiss her.

"Hello tesoro," I said softly and she beamed.

"Hello to you too Mr. big bad and scary. I see you are choosing your work over me," she mused and I closed my laptop, setting it aside.

"Nothing is more important than you," I said and pushed her hair back from her face. She'd decided to cut it shorter so now it was just a large mess of curls in a huge afro. Some strands fell to her face, making her soft features seem all that more innocent.

"Hmm. I sure hope so, today, I will be a free woman!" she cheered and sat up, stretching her arms over her head. She had slowly been gaining weight, something I was happy about. Seeing her like a skeleton when she'd first woken up was haunting me everyday.

"Last day in the hospital," I said leaning back in the chair I was in.

"Last day in the hospital, try last day in prison," she grumbled. "The past four months, one of which I was in some sort of fucking coma, have been awful. This place smells like hand sanitizer and it's so bad I can't even tell anymore. It destroyed my nostrils."

Dalia held her nose and sighed. "Not to mention the nurse is too fucking nice I swear I just want to punch her. Then the doctor. Damn idiot won't stop hitting on me- uh... on Melina, the nurse."

My body tensed and I leaned forward, my eyes glaring at Dalia.

"The doctor wants you?" I asked my tone deadly.

"No I said he wants Melina. I think the hand sanitizer smell got into your brain. You visit too much you know that," she tried to play off, slipping off the bed and standing in front of me in her patient gown.

"The nurse's name is Angel," I said and she smiled sweetly, sitting down in my lap and wrapping her hands around my neck.

"Whatever. No need to worry about the doctor. I'm yours and that's that."