Epilogue 2

Dalia's POV

"I'm so fucking nervous," I said lowly, scratching the back of my neck.

"If you want we can do this another time," Vittore said, reaching out over the table to hold my hand.

The soft clatter of plates in the restaurant, la Lanterne Bouillante was getting to my nerves. I wasn't even able to drink any of the wine that was in the flute beside me.

I run my sweaty palms over the deep red evening gown I was in, my thigh peeking through the slit at the side.

Why did I think this was a good idea?

"No I have to do this. I have to. It only seems right," I said and looked at him, my eyes going over his dark suit with a deep red undershirt that matched my dress and the necklace I'd got him hanging from his neck, front and centre. I was so dragging him to the bedroom when we got home.

We'd been at it like bunnies for the last half year and a lot had changed. I had turned 20 and he 24. We still hadn't gotten married yet but the mafia had accepted me with wide arms. We'd managed without Alexa's help, that fucking hypocrite and her girlfriend were pulling their gang higher in the criminal world. I didn't like that. I still wanted to punch her.

But there was still much I had to do like talk to my siblings again.

I'd been thinking about it a lot these past weeks and when I told Vittore he was on board with it all. We'd tracked them down, they always had breakfast at this restaurant on Sunday mornings.

I could see them now. my sister was dressed in a deep blue off the shoulder evening gown and my brother was in a maroon suit that looked dashing against his dark skin.

They both looked so different now. My sister was much taller and so beautiful, my brother still large and broad shouldered but there was a delicate manner in how he talked and held things.

They both smiled at each other and I felt bad like maybe I was going to ruin that happiness for them.

"Don't fucking do that."

"Do what?" I asked Vittore, not turning to them.

"Think you don't deserve to talk to them. They are your siblings tesoro."

"I know that but... what if they don't want to... see me or it's better if they think I'm still dead."

"Do you really want to do that to them?" Vittore asked. "Don't you want them to attend our wedding? I know you haven't said anything about it but its why you're holding back isn't it?"

"Yeah," I breathed. "I'm just so nervous."

"I get that tesoro but go on up there. I believe in you amore," Vittore said and lifted my hand, kissing my palm. His tattooed hand was a stark difference against mine and another unwanted thought popped in my mind.

Oh fuck. What would they think of him?

"Go," Vittore urged and I let out a breath, standing up. I can do this.

I walked past Vittore and he lightly tapped my ass. That was weird thinking back to how hard he usually hit. My Italian was a little kinky and had a bondage kink. I was fine with it. It worked out a lot. I liked pain, a little degradation and he delivered it. A lot.

The closer I went to my siblings, the more my legs seemed to want to give out just so I could turn back.

No.

Go to them.

My brother's eyes rose to meet mine over my sisters shoulders.

Fuck I can't turn back now.