Epilogue 3

Dalia's POV

I waddled down the stairs of the mansion, going for the kitchen.

Yes waddled.

I was pregnant.

Finding out was hard, telling Vittore was harder because he'd shut me out for a few weeks after I'd told him. Neither of us was ready for a child and I blamed him.

'My pullout game is strong' he said.

Well it really wasn't.

He was scared of having a child, he barely knew what to do with me, how were we going to handle children and this whole mafia thing had to be tackled too.

I knew I could train my kids to be the best of the best but it's the getting them used to killing and torture and darkness part that scare me. It's not going to be easy I know but I was going to do my best. I just hoped Vittore wouldn't chicken out on me.

He handles me like I'm glass which is ok but he's even refused me to leave the room, worried I might trip on a stair or something.

Oh please. I was still steady on my feet.

Well my swollen feet. I was so fat now it wasn't even funny. I'd even gotten stretch marks at my waist and belly. I liked them. Made me feel like my body really was carrying this child and Vittore didn't mind them either which was a relief.

He still called me beautiful and his hands, as large as they were, always touched my stomach with care.

It reminded me of the first time I'd let him touch when the baby was kicking. He'd freaked out so much, I tried to convince him it was normal but we ended up in the hospital with him looking as pale as a ghost.

Drama queen.

I opened the fridge, the light illuminating my face as I looked for the chocolate fudge cake Vittore had brought this evening. It was for tomorrow and he'd told me not to eat it but it was chocolate fudge cake.

Of course I was eating it.

In my search, I saw the leftover chilli from yesterday. I picked it up, forgetting about the cake and grabbing a spoon. I stood by the fridge and used its light to see as I dug in.

It was spicy, super spicy and I loved it. I was bringing another spoonful to my mouth when the kitchen light turned on. I froze and turned to Vittore who was standing at the door with crossed arms.

He had no shirt on so that was a good view for me and his hair was messy, the necklace I'd given him a few Christmases ago still hung front his neck. He never took it off and it made me happy. 

"Hey amore," I said sweetly.

I'd left bed and walked down here alone in the dark, not even bringing Claus down with me. I was in trouble.

"What happened to staying in bed?" Vittore asked darkly as I ate the spoonful of chilli at my lips and closed the fridge door.

I got hungry and decided to come down here for the chocolate fudge cake but found this chilli instead and its really good.

I smiled as I ate some more and Vittore sighed.

"You could've woken me up," he stated and I shook my head.

"You've just come back from Sweden. I didn't want to bother you," I said softly as he came closer and tucked some hair behind my ear. It had grown so much longer and I thought of cutting it all off. It was too much work anyway.

"You can never bother me," he said softly and kissed my forehead, bending down to kiss my belly over my large tee, the only thing I was wearing.

"Want some?" I asked him holding up the bowl and he shook his head.