Chapter 2 ~ Café

Fayette

After a full morning breakfast with Abby and talking to her about basically my whole life up until now, I have finished unpacking all the little things in my dorm. Abby said she went to her boyfriends dorm. She also told me her boyfriend is on the college hockey team.

I told her about my obsession with hockey men, I grew up with them on my wall. So instead of one direction posters, I had the hottest hockey players.

I may or may not have asked her when their next game was. I used the excuse 'to support my college hockey team' when in reality I just want to see if there are any cute hockey boys. Can you blame me?

It's been about one hour since Abby left and it's around here one in the afternoon. After I texted my mom and dad the time, I figured out we could be able to call, I got dressed and ready because on my drive here I saw a really cute café that I really want to try.

One of my favorite obsessions is cafes. They are just so cute and the small sandwiches they have are bombs. Also love their tea and coffee.

I got down to the lobby of my apartment and me being the dumb person I am stopped right in the middle and check my purse to see if I had my phone.

As I was digging in my purse someone bumped into me which caused me to stumble back a bit. "Sorry" The person called out but walked away before I could say anything. It was the Monday before school so I'm guessing students will be coming in and out a lot.

I looked to see who bumped into me but could only see his back. He was tall and had brown hair. He was getting further away so I turned back around and started walking to my car putting that incident at the back of my mind.

I drive to the café which is about 10 minutes away from my dorm and park my car. I head to the front door when a man coming out holds the door for me and moves aside for me to go in.

He gives me a nice smile and moves aside to let me in. I feel myself staring at him and I think he knows I do and he chuckles. He was gorgeous, his eyes were a hazel brown that matched his hair. He was about 6'4 maybe but I couldn't tell.

He was smiling at me I could see his deep dimples. Gosh I'm in trouble. I realize I have been staring for too long because he moves more to the side and gestures for his hand for me to go in.

"After you" he says and I nod slowly and go into the café. He follows behind me as we walk to the line. I turn to him, "What's your order?" I ask and he looks back at me from staring out the window. "Uh just a black coffee."

"Ew, why? that's so bitter." I say and shake my head in disgust. He chuckles at my act.

Once it's my turn I order a finger sandwich and a cup of tea, and I order his black coffee. I figured I would thank him for opening the door and maybe make some friends here. I go to find a seat and see that there is a bar stool by the window of the café.

I wave for the man to come over when he's about to order. He listens and comes to sit next to me. I give him a smile.

"Hi. I'm Fayette" I open my hand for him to shake.

"Elias." He replies and I give him a smile. "I hope you dont mind, I ordered you a coffee."

His eyes go wide, like really wide. "Really?" I nod my head and he lets out a sigh. "Well thank you." He says and I nod.

Once are orders are done, he thanks me and hands me money which I refuse to take but he doesn't leave until I take it.

He leaves with his coffee, I sit there and take out my phone to text Abby.

'Hey I'm at the café and will be at the dorms maybe in half an hour'

Yes, I have Abby's number. We exchanged messages this morning.

'Sounds good, see you later.' She texts back and I put my phone away and then hear my name.

I go to the counter and get my order and sit back down at the table. I eat in peace and quiet while the cafe's music plays.

I can't stop thinking about that guy though, He was handsome in everyway and was so nice as well. He seemed to take my gesture well too. I wonder if he goes to the same school as me. He looks around my age.

☁️

I finished up and headed back to the dorms about half an hour later and saw that Abby is sitting in her bed with what I assume is her boyfriend.

Abby sees me and smiles "Hey Fayette!" She says and gets up and hugs me. "I brought you back a muffin" I say and she smiles and says thank you.

She gets back into her bed and I get in mine and go on my phone. I get bored after texting my friends back home and they have to go to bed. I get up and grab 'It ends with us' from my book stack and sit back on my bed.

"Hey Fayette, wanna get some dinner soon?" Abby asks and I nod, not taking my eyes off my book. I look up and see I was so invested in my book I didn't see her boyfriend leave. I'm a little sad I didn't get to introduce myself but what can you do?

Abby gets up and orders us pizza while I get on the couch and put on tv. I put on 'the office' and then Abby joins me.

"Was that your boyfriend?" I ask and she nods smiling. I can tell how she talks about him that they love each other a lot. But if I'm being honest he looked a little suspicious when I walked in.

I don't say anything though because I don't have enough evidence to prove he is doing something behind her back.

☁️

It's now ten at night and me and Abby have managed to watch two whole seasons of 'the office' and gobble down all that pizza she bought. We don't regret it though.

"Ima head to bed" She says and gets up. I nod and hug her before she heads to her side of the dorm. I get into my bed and try to drift off into a sleep. I toss and turn for a while though. I don't know why.

I can't sleep so I go on Instagram and decide to look at the college's hockey teams Instagram. I scroll and their Instagram is just a bunch of pictures of the guys on the team and clips of their most amazing goals as well as just some clips.

I see that there is a picture of a guy who looks similar to the guy who held the door open for me at the café. His hockey number is 15 and his last name is Graham. I go to the caption and see his name is Elias.

He is the guy from the café. He had brown natural curly hair and very nice dimples. He looks really sweet and nothing like a cocky hockey player.

I see he is tagged in the post so of course I go to his Instagram and see his photos are mainly just about hockey and friends.

After stalking him for a bit longer my eyes feel heavy so I put my phone down and charge it and lay back down to try and drift off into a nice long deep sleep.