Chapter 175: Deer features

Edric's P.O.V.

Something's... Wrong with Hunter. I'm glad he seems to be unable to become that deer, but something's stopping. His antlers have stopped growing and he can't seem to become more deer-like than how he looks now. Just antlers growing from his head. But kneels down before pushing his body back up into a straight standing pose. Using the antlers to cut the plants off of himself. And just as he uses his bare hands to tear off the last remaining bit of plants, that's when I notice the skin of his hands grow black from the fingertips and up to his wrists.

Amity who uses her abomination magic to cut herself free dashes to Hunter, forming solidified goo to punch Hunter, making him whirl around and fall back. As he had been turned around, I notice his eyes being pitch black. Just like a deer. Upon instinct, I step forward wanting to help him but stop at him gripping on the side of his chest where his heart would be. Then reaching up to cover his mouth with his forearm to cough. And once his arm reached away, black goo being obviously visible. Smeared around his mouth from covering it with his arm, dripping down his chin and also smeared on his arm as well.

Is it blood? No idea. "We're back! Took quicker than we tho- What the hell ha-" And just as Eda speaks with her and the other two returning, Amity goes for another strike but with a sharpened abomination spike. But Hunter uses the dripping, black, thick liquid to create an ice glyph right to her. Spikes protruding from the ground to create a protective wall, with some of the ice trapping her feet.

Gaia uses her plant magic which is stronger to pin the two to the ground just as Hunter coughs more while the antlers grow ever so slightly.

And since they're now restrained, Eda and Raine both run into the house, probably to brew up the potion they need before once again coming out. I hope the potions weren't too rushed despite them coming in a short amount of time they were in there. 

"Hurry! They're gonna break out!" Gaia yells out to Eda and Raine who both hold potions of yellow color. Eda rushes to Amity while Raine rushes to Hunter.

Amity would've made an attempt to push Eda away with magic slime, but can't and has no choice but to consume the potion. Hunter is a bit more difficult since he is constantly trying to jab Raine in the face with the antlers which slightly shorten. But Raine holds one of the antlers to keep him still, then forcing the liquid into his mouth. But what's wrong with Hunter's transformation? I thought he tamed it.

(Spelling? How was it?)