Chapter 26

Elly

Oh. My. God!

I couldn't believe I almost kissed Drake, my two years long enemy whom I forgave a moment ago. I was embarrassed but I knew I shouldn't be. We were mates and it was normal. But in our case, I felt little awkward. Because I considered him as an enemy for too long.

I was glad that I decided to listen to him. It gave both of us a chance to start over. And I got the chance to forgive him completely. After hearing his side of the story, there was no way I could hold a grudge against him. I felt his sincerity and I knew he meant every bit of his words.

Drake was a good person and had a strong personality. He treated everyone same and would be a good leader. That was why everyone liked him and girls drooled over him. I was like that before that incident and could have stayed same if it didn't make me hate him.

Since I understood him now, I felt like the wall of hate I had built up, had collapsed. I felt all kinds of emotions towards Drake and was already overwhelmed by it. They started to pour in and in, making me feel kind of empty without him.

'Get a grip Elly! Get a grip!'

I chanted to myself and decided to occupy my brain with some complex problems for a distraction...

I was never the one to be happy to hear the last bell ring and I was nervous. My cheeks started to ached because of all the blushes I got just thinking about seeing Drake again and meeting others.

"Someone is already in lovvvee!" Lisa sang making me blush again so hard.

"No, I'm not!" I denied.

"Ha! Sure you aren't" Lisa mocked but her eyes twinkled. "I'm so happy for you Elly. And I'm glad that you decided to forgive him. He is really a good person and you two deserve each other" she smiled genuinely. "Oh Elly! You don't know how happy I am. We're going to stuck with each other forever!" she squealed and hugged me again for the fifth time. I rolled my eyes but her happiness was contagious and it put a smile on my face.

"Oh! Let's go. Ian is already here" Lisa dragged me out.

We were the last to get out of the class since we caught up in our conversation. So most of the halls were empty with few students scattered here and there. When we got into the car park there were only few vehicles including Drake's and his friends'. I was glad that it was not crowded but the same time I was nervous and hesitated to meet others.

I pulled all kinds of things just to hide myself from them. And I denied being Drake's mate infront of them. They might think of me as a selfish brat and they might not like me.

"You're going to be okay! Elly. Don't worry. They are happy because it's YOU!. So relax" Lisa said surprising me.

"Wait! How did you know what I was thinking?"

"You were squeezing my hand so tightly. And this is not you walking. I'm pulling you with me. Duh!" Lisa said dramatically.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't know" I apologised cursing myself.

"It's okay honey! Relax.." Lisa said dragging me further.

When they felt our presence, their heads snapped towards us. I wanted to run back but I held my ground. I bit my lip nervously and looked at each of them. Roy had a teasing smile on his face and I really wished to wipe it off. Claire smiled lovingly and it helped me relax a bit. Ian was looking between me and Lisa while other two watched me curiously.

When my eyes stopped on Drake, I forgot everything else. My heart started to beat faster and a smile crept on my face. He smiled back and silently asked me to come to him. I walked near him and he put his hand over my waist pulling me towards him.

"Hi!" he said in his deep voice.

"Hi!" I whispered back feeling my cheeks heat up.

We broke out from our trance when someone coughed suddenly. Everyone was looking at us with a smile on their faces and I felt embarrassed.

"Finally! They noticed we're here too" Roy teased and I glared at him. He laughed and hugged me whispering in my ear. "Thank you sis! I promise you he is a good guy and he'll love you a lot"

"I know" I whispered hugging him back.

"Congratulations! To the new couple" Mike nodded at us smiling.

"Congratulations!" Ian and Lucas said at the same time.

"Thank you!" I smiled back.

"Quick question?" Mike looked at me and I raised my eyebrows. "Can you really fight?"

I snickered, "is it hard to believe that I beat you up?"

Others laughed while Roy smacked his head. And I laughed along with them too.

I started feel relax and the more I spent time with them I felt comfortable too. I knew Roy and Drake loved seeing me this way from the way they looked at me time to time. Before we got into the vehicle Ian, Mike and Lucas apologised to me again for the past incident and asked me to give them a chance at friendship. It would take some time but I nodded my head agreeing.

After Drake dropped me at home I went up to my room to clear my mind. So much happened within a day and I needed some time alone to wonder in my thoughts all over again.