90 | breathtaking

NINETY. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

THE OPENING CEREMONY WENT BY IN A FLASH. Before they knew it, they were all back to their quarters.

In the Olympic village, at 8 in the evening, the captain of the female youth team was in the middle of serving the curry she just finished making when a voice interrupted her peace in the kitchen.

"Konbanwa."

She glanced behind her and saw fuschia pink hair that belonged to the captain of the male counterpart of her team. He wore a button up shirt in the shade of light blue, paired with shorts colored in khaki. His feet were adorned with socks and expensive slides.

She gave him a curt nod in response, before turning back to what she was doing. "Konbanwa."

Akashi walked over to where she was at, before cutting to the chase as to why he was here. "Momoi told me you had requested for me to call your number the other evening."

She hummed in response.

"I apologize for not calling, as I was busy with organizing the team for the Olympics. Do you mind if we have that conversation right now?" He inquired, fuschia eyes, that were not in their usual in-game heterochromatic glow, looking at her intently.

The girl finished serving the pork curry in three large serving trays. "We could, but I'm afraid I'm a bit preoccupied with food for our teams."

She glanced at him, meeting his fuschia pink eyes. "Unless you'd like to help me?"

Akashi nodded almost immediately, "Of course."

He took the trays from the girl and started making trips to the dining area where the plates had already been pre-set by Kasai and Saito— who are both exceptional in table setting— earlier.

She hummed when he got back for the last trays. He'd already served the curry, the bitter melon, all that's left was the rice.

She handed him one tray, while she took another. The two of them silently made the trip to the dining area.

"You held back." She finally cut through the silence once they got to the dining room.

Akashi, who just put the tray down onto the table, looked up at her, seeing that she was already looking at him.

"You did too." Was his quick reply.

She rose a brow at this, "Did you underestimate my team?"